• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost for reupholstery

BrettL

Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone just curious what your paying on average to have seats reupholstered in your areas 2-buckets and 1-bench seat.

Thanks
Brett

Seems like most people here like Legendary Interiors for seat upholstery. Big wait times. Just to give you an idea of price, maybe you could check them out. They have covers listed for 65 Coronet 500.

Labor only. $1000.00 bucks.
866BFAC9-7B20-4167-8A53-95C2AC5ABEC3.jpeg

Just the bottom of a RR bench seat (material and labor) for spring repair, foam, etc.... was $600 a couple of years ago.

front seat only , all red vinyl with darker red inserts. For a 1964 Belvedere 2 dr sedan. he is suppling everything. $650.00 Seat is at upholster right now.

just had my 61 d200 bench seat done in a two tone , tuck n roll with new foam padding . installed it was 1600 , had a head liner done with the same pattern as the door panels sewn into them , installed 400 . so 2grand in my p/u for just a seat and headliner . that's here in costlyfornia !

I had my 67 Coronet buckets and back seat done last summer. Custom pattern and material. He charged $300 a piece for labor, six pieces. I supplied the foam. The vinyl was extra. I don’t remember the vinyl cost, but it wasn’t much.

I'm glad I'm where I am. I supplied the bucket seat foam and Legendary covers. He supplied everything else and labor. $350
20220430_144847.jpg

Those seats look pretty straight forward. Some bucket seats are more intricate where they need wires inserted for different lines in the upholstery. On a 74 Duster, I did rear bench seat myself, but had a guy do my buckets for $800, and he had to add some material to the seat.

This rear hound's-tooth seat cover for 71 Runner from Legendary was $950 Cdn dollars.
Installed with help from a couple of my buddies.
rear seat.jpg
rear seat1.jpg

My covers were a $1000 on sale and CC said $1000 for labor. But if you need foam or repair it gos up.

Hey everyone just curious what your paying on average to have seats reupholstered in your areas 2-buckets and 1-bench seat.

Thanks
Brett
I just purchased an interior for my "64 polara from Pro-Fit Interiors and the seat covers, foam, door panels, weather stripping, and a few other items was $4000ish, I have a local ulpholstery shop doing the seat covers and he is charging me $1100 for two buckets and the rear bench. Oh and it took over a year to receive my interior package from the company.!

meaning Labor?
Yeah so I bought the foam for the buckets and the rear bench foam kit from classic industries I had all the frames powder coated all that’s needed is labor and the actual material to cover seats my bid $5100

Yeah so I bought the foam for the buckets and the rear bench foam kit from classic industries I had all the frames powder coated all that’s needed is labor and the actual material to cover seats my bid $5100
What Italian Leather?

$2000 labor & all materials to redo my 79 300 seats. Leather seating area and vinyl side panels. The straps and buckles were time consuming.
20230119_163914.jpg
20230119_164014.jpg
20230119_163944.jpg
20230119_163851.jpg

Two front buckets, center console, rear seats, and all four panels..I supplied the materials, high grade Italian leather, perforated... Over runs from reupholstering an aircraft.... The leather I picked up for $250....

The bucket seat cores were from a 98-99 Dakota... Cut the headrest off so the seats wouldn't look out of place....

Rear seat is original to my 65 Falcon two dr Wagon...

Upholsterer did the whole job for $1200, I paid him $1500 & still felt like it was to cheap..

thumbnail_IMG_8740.png
thumbnail_IMG_8741.png

Auto Transport Service
Back