• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cradle for Dana 60 rearend

andyf

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I put this cradle together so I could safely install and remove the Dana 60 from my car. I tried to do it with a floor jack but it was just too unstable. With this cradle bolted to my trans jack the rearend is very stable and I can control the placement into the car.
DSC_1724 (Large).JPG
DSC_1728 (Large).JPG

8497AFC4-B88D-48A5-AB20-A7F086F70F64.jpeg
That’s pretty nice, we used an office chair when installing my S60, actually worked pretty well! We tried using a floor jack but like you said it was very unstable.

Can definitely tell the difference if your picking one up compared to a 8 3/4!

Nice Ideas. I just use the ole Harbor Freight Cheapie transmission jack that I bought over 20 years ago. One of the only things that has lasted me from that place.

image_23989.jpg

The 60 is only about 50-60 lbs heavier than the 8 3/4. Years ago I asked several guys how much heavier they thought it was and some said as much as 200 lbs lol

And if you are going in and out a lot with rear ends, then yeah, having a rig to help install it speeds up the job. I've been using a floor jack with mine over the years. On a ladder bar car, it's easy to roll it under the car using bare wheels then hook up the ladders and use a jack to raise it on up and hook up the coil overs. Doing that with leaf springs is pretty ease too....

I also built a cradle for the front suspension. With the cradle I can drop the complete front suspension out of the car as an assembly.
DSC_1773 (Large).JPG
DSC_1776 (Large).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back