• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craig Breedlove's AMX

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Not my car, but on another site someone is selling Craig Breedlove's aero AMX that he set many records with, including going 170 mph.
Breedlove_AMX_on_the_Salt_Flats.png

Both cars are cool
I had a 69 mach1 when I was real young and raced a javelin. All I saw was his tail lights, he completely ate my lunch. I learned immeasurable respect for them after that.

I came up upon a 70 Javelin racing a 73 Dart sport and blew right through the two cars that were racing with my 68 383 Charger and beat them both! It was so funny, my friend was in the passengers seat in complete disbelief of what was happening, and the girl Linda who was in the backseat was screaming were gonna die! The two guys racing couldn't believe there eyes when the Charger went between them in the middle of their race and beat them both! There was just enough room to squeeze the big hipped Dodge through!

I came up upon a 70 Javelin racing a 73 Dart sport and blew right through the two cars that were racing with my 68 383 Charger and beat them both! It was so funny, my friend was in the passengers seat in complete disbelief of what was happening, and the girl Linda who was in the backseat was screaming were gonna die! The two guys racing couldn't believe there eyes when the Charger went between them in the middle of their race and beat them both! There was just enough room to squeeze the big hipped Dodge through!
Can't let people slow you down when the liquor store closes in 5 minutes!!
:thumbsup:

only thing worse than owning one......is getting beat by one

atcoAMX.jpg

Craig Breedlove's T/A car

(same car ?)

68 AMC AMX #1 Trans Am 390ci Craig Breedlove Speed Record Car.jpg

68 AMC AMX #1 Trans Am Hurst Edition.jpg

for the longer w/b Javelin group

68 AMC Javelin FC Clyde Morgan exp. Javelin.jpg

68 AMC Javelin FC Dick Bourgeois Doug Thorley team Javelin 2.jpg

68 AMC Javelin FC Doug Thorley Javelin 1.jpg

AMX wagon concept
68 AMC AMX Wagon Concept.jpg

AMX gt concept (total Gremlin vibe)
68 AMC AMX-GT Concept #1.jpg

A buddy or ours (my room mate had a slightly modified 66 Mustang Fastback and I had a slightly modified 66 Belvedere) that ran pretty much the same ET's as ours but don't think his was modified. Ours ran high 14's and so did the our buddies 69 AMX but the X was broke down a LOT and ours wasn't. American Motors crap? Dunno but I sure liked the AMX a lot! IMO, it was a pretty cool car.....

Auto Transport Service
Back