• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious as to how many 73 GTX sunroof cars are known?

RSMS

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Do you know of a 1973 GTX sun roof car? The mopar sun roof registry shows 2 or possibly 3 and I see no documentation of a break down between a road runner and a GTX. I realize they are pretty rare but I'm just curious if anyone knows how rare?

technically so as a stand alone model, but if you wanted a 440 you had to check the GTX box to get it. I'm gonna say that makes it a GTX and not a road runner.

technically so as a stand alone model, but if you wanted a 440 you had to check the GTX box to get it. I'm gonna say that makes it a GTX and not a road runner.
It is a GTX RoadRunner. Correct on the 440 instantly made it a GTX. My cousin had a 74 silver red stripe sunroof 400 4spd runner with all the goodies.i don't know the numbers but there's the @sunroofregistry

the sun roof registry shows two and possibly a third that is here-say with no documentation or pictures. I thought I saw a picture of another one a few years ago but I cant find it.

the sun roof registry shows two and possibly a third that is here-say with no documentation or pictures. I thought I saw a picture of another one a few years ago but I cant find it.
Most numbers in the Mopar world aren't carved in stone. That's what makes it fun. I have a 68 monaco 500 440 mag 4 speed that's supposed to be 1 of 7. But is it? Nobody can say for sure

There is no RS23 model GTX post 1971. ('67-'71) U-codes RM23U are RoadRunners for 1973. With GTX package. (I believe for 1970. RM23U were Superbird?)

I'm afraid from purist point of view? You are wrong. GTX models ceased after 1971.

The original was a Belvedere GTX.

Pursuit or not, Plymouth did call them a GTX and it was still a top of the line version performance wise. They just incorporated it under the road runner line. What's the old saying, 2 sides of the same coin. Both are correct. I was interested in known sunroof car numbers of the GTX, regardless if it is considered an option of a road runner or not, either way you say it, cars that came with a 440.

Table Tennis.gif

Most definitely, the GTX was originally a Belvedere GTX and I still consider that a GTX

We need a list of all 73 74 roadrunner u codes. Not including GTXs , of course.

yes, that number includes both road runner (all engines) and GTX (only 440) models combined. I was looking for specifically the U code GTX cars.

There is no RS23 model GTX post 1971. ('67-'71) U-codes RM23U are RoadRunners for 1973. With GTX package. (I believe for 1970. RM23U were Superbird?)

I'm afraid from purist point of view? You are wrong. GTX models ceased after 1971.
From a factory point of view, the 2nd digit in the VIN is for price class. Not model.

Auto Transport Service
Back