• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60

chevyguylost

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys i have a Dana 60 rear end , it has 23 spline axles ,1350 yoke , and the pinion snubber mount cast in it , has drum brakes has the weirdest looking locker I have ever seen in . It has a 8 stamped in the gears hear are some pics can anyone tell me what it came out of and what it’s worth . It has 538 gears in it no rust free as it can be and tight clean oil .

IMG_0615.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

Ok guys i have a Dana 60 rear end , it has 23 spline axles ,1350 yoke , and the pinion snubber mount cast in it , has drum brakes has the weirdest looking locker I have ever seen in . It has a 8 stamped in the gears hear are some pics can anyone tell me what it came out of and what it’s worth . It has 538 gears in it no rust free as it can be and tight clean oil .

ok so what is your question?

Well if it’s in the car and perches haven’t been reweld most likely a b body. Look for part number and report back if you want to get exact

Clean the axle tubes and look for the BOM numbers. 23 spline most likely 66-70 b-body.

Rear of right tube good place to start for numbers.

The center section is a dana Spicer Power Loc Posi unit. With 23 spline axels. Produced for Mopar until 1970. Then Mopar switched too a single piece housing which was cheaper to build and no where near as strong as the two piece power lock was. This dana has been modified for a GM or after market four link. I was offer it as is on racing junk. com prolly worth 1500 if everything checks out ok.

Not according to the Dana chart it’s 541/2 inside flange to inside flange Dana says 55 from center of flange to center of flange

Not according to the Dana chart it’s 541/2 inside flange to inside flange Dana says 55 from center of flange to center of flange
My bad I was thinking track width. So it could be a 66 to 70 B-Body.

Does it have a drain plug on the bottom? 66-67 Dana housings had drain plugs. Looks like a spacer under the ring gear so it might be a 3 series SG unit. Looks like a nice unit and it still has the perches on it. With the big brakes on it I would value it about $2000 if the gears and bearings are in good shape.
Gus

Does it have a drain plug on the bottom? 66-67 Dana housings had drain plugs. Looks like a spacer under the ring gear so it might be a 3 series SG unit. Looks like a nice unit and it still has the perches on it. With the big brakes on it I would value it about $2000 if the gears and bearings are in good shape.
Gus
The drain plug is on the bottom of cover .. is there suppose to be one on the housing it self ?

What sort of vehicle did you pull it out of?

Auto Transport Service
Back