• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash pads

Centerline

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Getting to the point where its time to start thinking about the interior. Wondering if there were any versions of the '64 B body Dodge that did NOT have a dash pad. Seems to me the A990 cars didn't but were there any others??

Thanks.

Don't think my buddy's 64 Savoy has a dash pad; all metal.
My 65 Belvedere I has no pad; all metal.

Thanks guys. Kinda what I thought.

Were the plain dashes covered with anything or just painted?

Mine is just painted. Satin finish to reduce glare.

IMG_0699.JPG

"None on mine. I repainted it and hope to install it soon!"

Do yourself a favor and load it with all the wiring and cluster and such before installing it...

I need to paint my non padded in my 65 bell soon. Yours appears to be the same red. Who was your paint source, and what are the numbers? Thanks in advance. Thunder
Also , the top of the dash seems to be a lighter color than the seats. Am I right, or is the light changing the appearance? Also, is it a two tone dash? Thanks

"None on mine. I repainted it and hope to install it soon!"

Do yourself a favor and load it with all the wiring and cluster and such before installing it...

thanks, I'm starting to think about how to tackle it. I want to inspect the wiring first in case it has to be repaired or replaced.

I need to paint my non padded in my 65 bell soon. Yours appears to be the same red. Who was your paint source, and what are the numbers? Thanks in advance. Thunder
Thunder, all my interior pieces were painted with Chrysler Brite Canyon Red. Base coat & clear. The top of the dash clear was flatten for a satin finish.
The interior reds are very similar. I think light and shadows in the photo makes them look different.
My Belvedere I has a single colour dash with the top flattened to reduce glare.
The Belvedere II is a higher trim level and is 2 tone.

Last edited:
Thunder, all my interior pieces were painted with Chrysler Brite Canyon Red. Base coat & clear. The top of the dash clear was flatten for a satin finish.
The interior reds are very similar. I think light and shadows in the photo makes them look different.
My Belvedere I has a single colour dash with the top flattened to reduce glare.
The Belvedere II is a higher trim level and is 2 tone.
I'm with you on the 2 tone. I need a darker red (matted finish) For the top, and a brighter red for the instrument area . I may take in one of the door panels to the paint store to match (scan) the colors. I have a non padded dash for 2 reasons. 1.. it was an A/C car top of dash full of holes, and reason 2... Dash Pads are in the stratosphere, no way will I pay the Crazy money! I can use the cash in other areas. The interior (tan), was pulled by the previous owner and changed to red. Seats and door panels were done by SMS, so the colors should be accurate. Do you have the Chrysler paint number that goes with the brite Canyon red, so I can compare. Car should really Pop with the red guts. Thanks Much for your help!

Wow thanks! I looks as if you could not even order the red interior option with XX1 light tan exterior. Well, it looks like I will have 1 of 1!! I am also adding the Red in what they describe as the "sweep" down the side of the car... (molding) to give her a little more POP! I used red electrical tape to see how it would look! Everyone, (wife) says I gotta do it! Thanks Again for all this Info! Thunder

111.jpg

Here's a pic of my former "NEW" 1965 Satellite that I purchased in February, 1965. Non-padded-dash Satellite's had that horizontal bright trim piece, that went over to the glove box door. The padded dash 1965 Plymouth's did NOT have this trim piece. They also had eight (8) holes in the top of the dash, for the mounting clips to insert-into, for the padded dash. Also note, it was a heater delete... Pic is from June, 1965, after installation of Sun Tach (an obligatory item), back-in-the-day. Please see pic of a dash pad on a '65 Satellite, and two (2) pics of 1964 Plymouth's. One with, & one without a dash pad...
Cheers!
AL :) 8.jpg dash.jpg 1964-Plymouth-Fury-dash2.jpg

PRND21: 1964 Dodge car's the Dodge Polara 2-door hardtop, 4-door sedan, and convertible; Dodge Polara 500 Sport series, Dodge 440 series 2-door hardtop, 4-door sedan, and wagon; Dodge 330 series 2-door sedan, 4-door sedan, and wagon...probably all could be ordered with a padded dash.
NO dash pad was standard...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back