• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denver Real Estate.

Same thing here. It's a perfect storm if you are selling. People fleeing the high crime and high tax city, work from home, low housing costs (compared to city), close commute and cost to build is way up. Both of my sisters just sold their homes to downsize. One got $30k over listing on a 400k house and the other got $15k over on a 500k house. Both houses are about $100K over value of two years ago. It was difficult living here prior to this. It's going to decimate the area once the demographics change kicks in. Unfortunately I have to wait 5 years for my wife to retire before we can get out.

Same thing here. It's a perfect storm if you are selling. People fleeing the high crime and high tax city, work from home, low housing costs (compared to city), close commute and cost to build is way up. Both of my sisters just sold their homes to downsize. One got $30k over listing on a 400k house and the other got $15k over on a 500k house. Both houses are about $100K over value of two years ago. It was difficult living here prior to this. It's going to decimate the area once the demographics change kicks in. Unfortunately I have to wait 5 years for my wife to retire before we can get out.
Lots coming to live there from the Texas border.... Enjoy

I'm so tempted but I need to be here another 12-18 months. There are no rentals.

The big deal here near Houston is the RV park. The peeks that would rent an apt. or home are going RV. Or the guy that work in Houston and drive back home for weekends.

Real estate market is like that everywhere. 20 years ago I paid $17500 for 5 acres. The 5 acres across the road sold for $90000.

My daughter set the price very high for her little house. It's been on the market since Friday noon. There are already offers for $30,000 over her asking price.
Pretty much the same way here too.....and if I had a place to go where I still could have a small shop, I'd sell the place I have and get away from the Gulf Coast area.

What is odd about this is how it hit the entire country at the same time

What is odd about this is how it hit the entire country at the same time
Yes and just my opinion, I think it will implode at the same time and soon. Some organization is trying to make rent payments reportable credit. Fanny Mae, Freddy Mack part deux.

Pretty much the same way here too.....and if I had a place to go where I still could have a small shop, I'd sell the place I have and get away from the Gulf Coast area.
Hey guy if you wash your old Mopar on Mon and by Fri it has MOLD growing on it AGAIN, then where ya live might just be way too humid!!???? Thats here also!:thumbsup:

Remember the 80s, started slow but by the mid to late 80s home interest and farm land was 13 to 16 % most locations.
Job wages went stagnant, You needed 20% down to finance a car let alone a home. Here, farm ground had went from $900 per acre to over $3,000 during the decade then it all crashed.
We have seen this movie before.

When there is little supply and great demand, things go out of balance. also, it isn't so much that the house is worth more, but that your money is worth less.

The older I get, the farther away from a big city I want to live.....
5330_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QxuZSOwlLQoAX9L4rO2&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back