• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit Steel Roadrunner

Bruzilla

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
That new car shop show, Detroit Steel, is doing a 74 Roadrunner tonight. :)

And it was apparently stolen!

Snip20170131_3.png

Last edited:
I thought it was interesting that they would show the car from a distance and you could see the running birds on the stripes, but History Channel edited them out on the close-up views.

Saw the show too. Maybe the birds wer added after the show was taped? It didn't look like they blurred anything out.

Funny, we do construction in some of the less desirable areas around the city, you absolutely have to have people stand guard while loading and unloading tools and materials it takes less than 10 seconds for the guy across the street to signal the runner hiding around the corner to steal the rest of your **** as soon as you turn around. I think of it as hunting, your the mother buffalo, your possessions are the calf and the locals are the wolf pack.

I do the same. Actually had a running generator somehow vanish with cords in pursuit around the corner in the back of an old van while we all worked at the saw table! If we would have had the saw and extension cord tied together, that would have gone down the road too! Those animals have no respect for anything

I was working on 6 mile and Woodward at the old highland park state bank, building the deja vu. A block guy was working on the Woodward side walked around onto the 6 mile side for a few seconds went back block saw was gone had to weigh at least 200 lbs. So he went and bought a brand new one and a log chain, then they got his brand new one, guess there bolt cutters must have been pretty bad *** they stole from another guy previously. Can't really blame them, for stealing never taught any morals growing up in that area, no jobs, no money, no hope, unless you can move, If you don't the rest just steal what u earn. Then the cops are the bad guys for trying to stop it. These people don't know anything else. I don't know what it would take to change these areas, maybe start in schools with the new generations to show them there is a different way. And teach them cops aren't the bad guys, well most of them anyways. And working together to make the hood, neighborhoods. Just my opinion.

I was working in the 6mi. and Gratiot area, doing plumbing for one of our slum-lord clients. My partner and I were very busy down there[gov paid for everything] He was in the kitchen of a tribal-home, under a cabinet...and I was running for tools in our 1-ton Ford with the tool-box bed. Everytime I went to get something outta the truck, there were a bunch of local tribe's-people trying to bust into the cab or boxes. I yelled at them the first 1/2 dozen times....but they were always there. The last time I saw them, was when I popped a couple 40-cal rounds into the lawn. Things were quiet, after that. I could run a half-dozen pages of stories about plumbing jobs that were fucked-up.

We have a riot, every year. We also have been in Pontiac for almost a decade.

It's not a new show either, it's just a new season, season 2 IIRC

74 RR that was a decent build, sb centrifugal supercharged
mid 12's @ 125 mph
with some much lighter wheels not them "heavy *** :BangHead:
Mob-Steel steel 18' & 20" wheels", it'd ran better/quicker :poke:

didn't know it had been stolen !
out of their new buildings "showroom"
that sucks if it's true

they did a decent 74 {75-76?} Power Wagon Adventure Club-cab
a couple weeks back, for the owners son

it's not the best show, but not by far the worst either

Last edited:
Saw the show too. Maybe the birds wer added after the show was taped? It didn't look like they blurred anything out.
They didn't blur them out. They were edited out. On every close up scene, the digital guys went in and replaced the birds with yellow.

Wonder why. Shouldn't be any issues showing the RR I wouldn't think.

I would love to go to the Woodward cruise 2017!
My friend, Mr Cook, who lives in the area, went to the Dream Cruise in his red 69 Hemi 4 speed Road Runner .He had bought it new. Came home for dinner. Took the other car back to the cruise and came home later to find his garage broken into and the RR was gone. Still not found.

Some low life probably followed him home. Hope he gets that back. Suck to lose a car you owned that long.

My friend, Mr Cook, who lives in the area, went to the Dream Cruise in his red 69 Hemi 4 speed Road Runner .He had bought it new. Came home for dinner. Took the other car back to the cruise and came home later to find his garage broken into and the RR was gone. Still not found.
That's horrible! :(

Semi related...

Years back I was making a pick up at a lumber distributor in Newark, NJ in a, let's say, economically challenged area. The place had an 8 foot high concrete wall and planted in front of it was a long row of Dwarf Alberta Spruce trees.
All with anchor chains bolted to the wall.
I had asked the salesman about it "They steal trees ?"
"They steal everyfucking thing."
He said.

Auto Transport Service
Back