• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dick Landys 1967 Coronet or Coronets

R413

Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
how many versions of this car? look at the paint and top differences here. Look at the red dodge fratzog on the door. The silver car has coronet 440 trim like all the WO23 cars, but a flat hood?? Then in the pic with 2 blue cars, the blue car on the trailer has no body trim at all, the one on the ground has all R/T trim

Now we're they R/T cars or WO23 cars, or some of both since the WO23 didn't come out until spring 1967

B457DB9D-FC0D-4E8A-9206-DA860D9602FE.png

E67267C5-BDEB-4F6E-A78C-7E6086B02B70.jpeg

BFBAD5F0-AEC0-4559-BC71-18A000451B0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Drag cars changed pretty much week to week.

Hard to say if any of the cars were same or completely different car altogether

I think that was about the time I attended one of Landy's Performance Clinics. Hard to remember-it was a while ago.
Mike

My Avatar picture is from a Landy dealership poster. I still have that poster I bought from Landy's wife at Spring Fling along with a bunch of other goodies.

Good times

Dick had a WO23 car, the silver one with Coronet 440 trim. He removed the trim, and painted it blue with white top, and lettered it up as R/T. He also had a real R/T in same blue paint scheme with 440. He did an engine swap, putting the Hemi in the R/T body, and the 440 into the WO23 body. His thinking here, was that he would turn better times with the Hemi in the lighter R/T body, without the heavier, added Hemi-car understructure. The serious racers were always bending the rules.

in the 1969 issue of hot rod Engines annual they have an article by landy , Putting the edge on the wedge..it shows a hemi block with stage 2 wedge heads and a welded aluminum intake to fit the max wedge ports for 1 of his cars....

Auto Transport Service
Back