• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did my booster die?

olddog67

Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
I have a 67 charger, drums all around with the dual MC and booster.
Was working perfect then all of a sudden when I put the pedal down its hard as a rock and there is a weird hissing noise that sounds like air blowing coming from the area where the pedal goes through the firewall. I pulled the vacuum line off and its sucking good.
Did the booster die?

That's the reason I love manual brakes! Hardly anything to go wrong.

Yup happened to me a few years ago, had mine rebuilt.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was afraid you would say that. I am supose to be going to the Atlantic Nats in Moncton in 2 weeks...that could be a problem getting a booster before that in this one horse town.

lmao.......

Web%20Slides9.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. I was afraid you would say that. I am supose to be going to the Atlantic Nats in Moncton in 2 weeks...that could be a problem getting a booster before that in this one horse town.

go to the show...... just push a little harder

I went to NAPA with the part number you gave me wannadrag and it will be here in 8-10 days. Day before I leave for my first big car show lol

I dont get the condom joke but my buddy said it must be funny :)

I have a booster that is close to the same off my A body, would that work in a pinch?

Email Dr Diff he might overnight one to you today

So Ive been trying to get the booster off. What a PITA. Ho do I get the bolt the goes from the brake pedal to the booster out? It hits the side of the brake assembly bracket?

On another note, the valve that goes into the booster from the dome I changed with another I had as it seems to work better when I was blowing through it. Brake pedal was still hard but when I took the valve out there was pressure on it? If the diaphragm was cracked would this still have pressure? Or could I have a problem with my distribution block and not the booster?

I just changed the one in my challenger,took maybe a hr.

I thought It would take me about an hour too lol. 4 hours later and its still in there tho. Here is a picture of the bolt I cant seem to get out, the nut is off and it slides over until it hits the side of the brake assembly.

boost.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back