• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody sell bolt on chassis dollies/casters.

chargervert

Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
My friend has his 70 Challenger T/A on a rotisserie with the suspension removed, both front and rear. His body guy says that the right front framerail is tweaked and the car needs to go on a frame machine. He wanted to get a set of body casters so they can roll the car onto the frame machine to tweak the framerail back where it belongs. They said that the car can be on a sturdy set of casters and they can pull the rail. I thought that US Cartool used to sell them but my friend said that their website didn't show them. Does anyone else offer them ready to bolt on?

this is why I mock up, test fit, and weld everything BEFORE the rotisserie (efficient, and saves a lot of hassle)........ anyway, yes, readily available; but I havan't had to buy them, I managed to "acquire" a couple of sets

IMG_20240308_182212381.jpg
IMG_20240308_182234135.jpg

Last edited:
when I hear "tweaked" frame rail, and frame machine......... I get nervous

if the rail is high or low, it's a simple chain to the floor (or the bench) and strategically "jack" the rail........ side to side, or "stuffed" gets more complicated as the other side could easily be affected

Last edited:
when I hear "tweaked" frame rail, and frame machine......... I get nervous

if the rail is high or low, it's a simple chain to the floor (or the bench) and strategically "jack" the rail........ side to side, or "stuffed" gets more complicated as the other side could easily be affected
When he bought the car, it was already on the rotisserie. According to the body guy the rail is tweaked about a quarter inch or so inward racking the inner fender in so the passenger's side fender will not align with the door and have the proper gaps at the hood and rocker panel.

My friend has his 70 Challenger T/A on a rotisserie with the suspension removed, both front and rear. His body guy says that the right front framerail is tweaked and the car needs to go on a frame machine. He wanted to get a set of body casters so they can roll the car onto the frame machine to tweak the framerail back where it belongs. They said that the car can be on a sturdy set of casters and they can pull the rail. I thought that US Cartool used to sell them but my friend said that their website didn't show them. Does anyone else offer them ready to bolt on?

These are the ones I got for the roach. Dolly wheels (which I got at Harbor Freight) were not included.

Thanks RC! My friend was going to schit a brick when he sees the price of the Us Cartool ones! Those are much more reasonably priced.

My friend just ordered two sets of the auto twirlers brackets. Thanks RC,you da man!

Auto Transport Service
Back