• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dog food recall for toxic levels of Vitamin D

on the Weruva can foods that we treat to Gabby her favorites are Wok The Dog with chicken,beef & pumpkin in gravy ,Paw Lickin`Chicken with chicken breast in gravy and Funky Chunky chicken soup with pumpkin

now on the Fromm canned food so far she likes the grain free ,Fromm Pate Turkey & Pumpkin Pate , Shredded Beef in Gravy , Shredded Chicken Gravy and they are all grain free also

Anybody try out that Dinovite?

Yes, it works great. When we adopted our Boxer he had horrible skin problems, he was also about 20lbs overweight. Absolutely no fur on the back half of his body. After a month of Grain free and dinovite he had a shinny full coat and dropped the 20lbs.

Thanks for the info. Good to know these things.

Only buy namebrand foods made in USA.
It should not even be legal to import food (pet or people) from China, which is usually the problem.
Read the labels on Apple juice if your baby drinks it. I was shocked to see some comes from China
Check out were the Apple juice you buy comes from. China send concentrated over here, they are a big apple producer

Chicken and beef based rawhide from China is a BIG NO NO!
Rawhide from anywhere is on my "never give" list because it can swell in the intestinal tract and cause blockages.
Our dogs eat Members Mark from Sam's Club. 1x 30 pound bag of Grain Free Salmon and 1x 35 pound bag of Lamb and Rice. I mix them together. The only thing I add to their food is pork fat that I buy in bulk from a butcher and cook down myself at home. One of my 3 dogs, Laney aka "Street Hound" is picky about eating and the liquid pork fat does the trick.

Best bet for a dog with suspected food allergies is Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato and Fish. Zero grain, no meat other than fish. L.I.D. = Limited Ingredient Diet..
Really helps reduce the number of variables when you are trying to resolve potential food allergies. Also NO TREATS or anything else but Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish biscuits, and Salmon jerky or Salmon and Veggie jerky until 6 weeks of that straight diet. If improvement is noted, then other food items can be added back in one at a time.
Screenshot_20181205-134530_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181205-134608_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
on the Weruva can foods that we treat to Gabby her favorites are Wok The Dog with chicken,beef & pumpkin in gravy ,Paw Lickin`Chicken with chicken breast in gravy and Funky Chunky chicken soup with pumpkin
Sounds like Ben& Jerrys ice cream.

Chicken and beef based rawhide from China is a BIG NO NO!
Rawhide from anywhere is on my "never give" list because it can swell in the intestinal tract and cause blockages.
Our dogs eat Members Mark from Sam's Club. 1x 30 pound bag of Grain Free Salmon and 1x 35 pound bag of Lamb and Rice. I mix them together. The only thing I add to their food is pork fat that I buy in bulk from a butcher and cook down myself at home. One of my 3 dogs, Laney aka "Street Hound" is picky about eating and the liquid pork fat does the trick.

Best bet for a dog with suspected food allergies is Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato and Fish. Zero grain, no meat other than fish. L.I.D. = Limited Ingredient Diet..
Really helps reduce the number of variables when you are trying to resolve potential food allergies. Also NO TREATS or anything else but Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish biscuits, and Salmon jerky or Salmon and Veggie jerky until 6 weeks of that straight diet. If improvement is noted, then other food items can be added back in one at a time.
View attachment 687333 View attachment 687334

Waddya pay for pork fat nowadays?

6D7D644E-597F-47BE-B295-FAC3F36DBBA6.jpeg
Ok here he is. Border collie about 12 weeks old. Haven’t named him yet. Maybe you guys can help me out with that. He is the little guy sitting by his mom. Thanks

I recently got tired of lugging big bags of it around the grocery store, and in and out of the car, so we have it delivered by UPS now. Easier.
yeah there's a good pets supply company Chewy.com
free shipping too,
all the reg. USA name brands too
good pricing

Got caught in the mix sorta. For the last couple years I've been feeding DanaLoo WinCo Premium dog food. Made & packed in USA. WinCo is a franchise of employee owned grocery stores here in Inland Empire(So Cal). Sunshine Mills is the producer of the WinCo brand of Dog Food & shonuff Sunshine Mills is on the FDA list. I called WinCo customer service today & got the info, but She told me that the WinCo food was not one of the foods affected by the vitamin D overload, that it was the higher range 'boutique' foods sunshine mills made for brands such as evolve, sportsman's pride, triumph. DanaLoo hasn't exhibited any of the symptoms listed except that in the last year's time She has had three occassions of buku drooling bouts that lasted roughly 2-3 hours each time. So I went & bought Nutra-Nuggets Lamb & Rice today & will transition Her over next 7 days, keep my fingers crossed & my Prayers to Upstairs that I made a good move. It's gonna cost twice as much, a little higher in protein than I like, Loo seems to be averse to the real high protein foods, but no corn meal. Hopefully I see less shedding too.

My boy Bichon loves steamed Broccoli, red peppers, cucumbers, blueberries, watermelon.his dry food is Healthy Extentions

Auto Transport Service
Back