• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive shafts loops, show me yours.

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Looking to see what you guys are running for driveshaft loops. BTW I'm running full 3" exhaust.

D9508C08-54C9-4A53-9F61-E6125AE0B201.png
I just have one of these

that is the one I have on my car with 3 inch exhaust and cut outs

Mancini Racing makes a nice bolt on loop. Bolts to the cross member so no holes in the floor. $180. POPS

DVW looks tight between the driveshaft & exhaust. How much clearance do you have? I'm thinking of either a carbon fiber or aluminum drive shaft. The carbon fiber needs to kept away from heat of 200 or higher if I remember correctly.

I have something like this just in T6 either 6061 or 7075 Alum
I can't remember which alloy
{IIRC it was from Pro Aluminum Products, not sure they're still making them,
I purchased a couple of them 10+ years ago, I'll get a couple photos of it & post it a bit later
}
this is one from Mancini Racing below Like $179 {steel} IIRC
not cheap but a bolt on

not my car
MRE Drive Shaft Saftey Loop Installed to car & cross-member.gif

another look at the parts
MRE Drive Shaft Saftey Loop Steel bolt in-trans crossmember MRE-18055 $179.95.gif

MRE Drive Shaft Saftey Loop.jpg

Last edited:
DVW looks tight between the driveshaft & exhaust. How much clearance do you have? I'm thinking of either a carbon fiber or aluminum drive shaft. The carbon fiber needs to kept away from heat of 200 or higher if I remember correctly.
I wouldn’t run either on the street but that’s just my preference. I can’t justify the price of CF nor do I like the way they explode when you hit anything with them and I’ve bent the aluminum shafts but I’m pretty hard on ****.

Here's the aluminum one from IIRC Pro-Aluminum Products I have

it was $100 ea. or so IIRC, a decade ago

other than being Alum not steel like the one above the
bar between the cross-member attachment section & the circular loop
is straight, the one above {steel version MRE} has a
slight step bend in that piece

68 RR Pro-Aluminum Products T6 7075 Drive Shaft Saftey Loop #1.JPG

68 RR Pro-Aluminum Products T6 7075 Drive Shaft Saftey Loop #3.JPG

68 RR Pro-Aluminum Products T6 7075 Drive Shaft Safety Loop #2.JPG

68 RR Pro-Aluminum Products T6 7075 Drive Shaft Safety Loop #4.JPG

Last edited:
I wouldn’t run either on the street but that’s just my preference. I can’t justify the price of CF nor do I like the way they explode when you hit anything with them and I’ve bent the aluminum shafts but I’m pretty hard on ****.
Mike what do you run in your green car?

I fabricated mine and welded it into the floor of my 67 Belvedere convertible . . .

159659-8b1ac73fa44755c54264d6dc306a5a4b.jpg

My car will be a street car . . . but I wanted to add it into the car now while I was welding up the metal . . .

Thanks guys for the help. Think I'll fab my own to try and tuck it in there nice and tidy.
I probably wont go the crossmember bolt on route as the Gear Vendor makes the driveshaft shorter and quite a bit away from it.

I bought the cheap $20. kit from Jegs. Modified it with welds instead of the bolts, and anchored it to the seat studs.

20171230_094837.jpg

I have something like this just in T6 either 6061 or 7075 Alum
I can't remember which alloy
{IIRC it was from Pro Aluminum Products, not sure they're still making them,
I purchased a couple of them 10+ years ago, I'll get a couple photos of it & post it a bit later
}
this is one from Mancini Racing below Like $179 {steel} IIRC
not cheap but a bolt on

not my car
View attachment 561540

another look at the parts
View attachment 561541

View attachment 561542

Those are made by US Car Tool. I've used a couple of them. Real nice setup.

I bought the cheap $20. kit from Jegs. Modified it with welds instead of the bolts, and anchored it to the seat studs.

View attachment 561666

I did "just about" the opposite of that Joel . . . I built mine to span from frame connector to frame connector ( I also added the part from frame connector to rocker panel too ) so that I'll have a good, solid place to bolt down my bucket seats in the car and know that they won't fall through the floor . . .

As me and my buddy call it . . . built like a brick sh*thouse . . . ( which we tag as BSH )

Auto Transport Service
Back