• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft Question

431Bird

Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Looking at updating from the stock driveshaft on my 69 roadrunner..just wondering if going from the stock u-joint to a 1350, if the driveshafts are still the same length,was not sure if the pinion yoke stuck out farther and the shaft needed to be shorter? Anyways, I hope I didnt make this sound too confusing...lol
thanks

I'm pretty sure the shaft length is changed, I have used a 2790 style universals {2.625"} type shaft with the 1350 rear universals {U bolt type straps/retainers, with nuts/washers on the back side, instead of the flatter type 1/2" wide straps w/small bolts} & 1350 yoke when using a Dana-60, in a car that came with a 2790 type universal set up & 8-3/4" axle, I did need to shorten the drive shaft, If I remember correctly, BUT you should still measure it with the car at ride height to be absolutely sure... I think it was 51-1/2" with the 8-3/4" & 2790 style universals/shaft & 50-3/8" with the Dana 60 & 1350 universals/shaft, in a 68 RR B-Body 116" wheel base car... I hope that helps, as far as just the yoke & universal change I'm not absolutely sure...

Last edited:
If you decide to get another driveshaft for the Runner do yourself a favor and look into a Victory driveshaft from A&A. AWESOME piece with a great price.

Alright cool...sorry forgot to mention i have a dana....suppose i better just order a pinion yoke and go from there. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back