• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e-bay cutouts?

BDL

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a cheap set of electric cutouts to use on my Panel Van.

Here's the sneaky part... Only two windows in the van roll down. That means I have two unused window switches on the driver door since all the electronics on the truck are from a 2006 Dodge Charger. A set of electric cutouts would wire right up and look like window motors to the BCM.

so... Here's the real meat and potatoes of the question. What is it that makes one cutout better than another?

Do the mechanisms fail on the (cheap) e-bay ones or is it the motors that fail? Or is there a difference in the mechanism design?

Here are some of the options I've seen. What do you think? What have you used? What issues have you had?

QTP Cutout (proven to be a good unit by several satisfied customers - $179 per side)
{Interesting side note... QTP replacement motor can be purchased for $69 per side.}
QTP_Cutout.jpg

Chinese Version of QTP Cutout (Can be picked up for as little as $22 per side!)
Chinese_Version_of_QTP_Cutout.jpg

Pypes Cutout ($191 per side)
Pypes_Cutout.jpg

Chinese Version of a cutout that looks like it uses a window regulator?
China_Window_Motor_Style_Cutout.jpg

from what I gather, what makes a cutout good or not is how wells it seals. I got mine from a company called Pypes but Dougs also makes an awesome set ($$$). if the material around the flange melts or cracks then you will get a shitty exhaust leak all the time. Mine seal pretty well, not perfect but not very noticeable. clean them once a year and they hold fine.

QTP reliable for over ten years. Never a problem. Always seal, used often and slammed on Route 66. Still work.

Auto Transport Service
Back