• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Body Challenger info

jeeper

Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
So I own a couple of B bodies. Considering buying an E body but looking for a lower cost driver just to screw around with.

Are the 73 or 74 Challengers worth that much less than the 72 and older? I am thinking driver with patina and just enjoy it as it is.

Any thoughts? Any advice on E bodies? Known rust areas etc?

I don't want to join another site.

Thank you!

They certainly use to be... These days they are catching up... I always thought of them as drivers or if in rough shape parts cars... These days people are paying a lot of $$$ for a decent one... And sometimes for a perfumed pig...

The back end looks better than the front on the “sad face” Challengers.

Yeah, the Cuda grill is definitely better than the Challenger sad face...

Well, since you asked "lower cost" and "E body" do not really belong in the same paragraph.

Agree the 70 and 71 command a premium over the premium commanded by the 72, which commands a slight premium over the premium commanded by the 73 and 74.

By my calculations, you'll be lucky to find a non-rallye 318 73/74 car for 15- 20K that needs a fair amount of work but might be drive able.

Here's a nice looking 73 340 car for 39K BIN-

1973 Dodge Challenger | eBay

Last edited:
The back end looks better than the front on the “sad face” Challengers.
I always liked Plymouth cars better than Dodge cars. The car I am looking at is the Dodge Challenger that is a 73.

I am waiting too hear back from the seller. It isn't a money making thing. Just a car that may be better to start with than my other cars. Green 73 Challenger with a 318 is not much to get excited about.

If it had the sad face and you like the car swap the grill to a 70/71 and save some coin possibly.

The grille isn't that bad. If I had one I would try blacking it all out though, I have never seen that done. The 2-3-4 cars still bring less money, I don't have a clear figure though.
They rust everywhere, lower quarters first, trunk floor and drop offs second, then the outer wheelhouses, dutchmen panel, floors, front window channel, area on front inner fenders under the hood hinges.....
For me Challenger is my favorite, followed by 71 B-bodies, everything else goes behind those.

cars 007.JPG

A 73 74 challenger is a great car to boot around in. If you have a line on one grab it. Value is not going down

Auto Transport Service
Back