• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock AVS2 Linkage Question

Your throttle cable appears correct.
Please look at the photo I posted.
The photos you posted are two different setups that are completely wrong.

1713202204024.png

You can blow up this photo.

Your throttle cable appears correct.
Please look at the photo I posted.
The photos you posted are two different setups that are completely wrong.

View attachment 1647016
You can blow up this photo.
I have everything you mentioned previously except the throttle return springs and the bracket. I don't see where you gave a part number for the orange spring (Mancini Racing has several of the orange springs), if you have a part number for it? If so, that would be helpful! I didn't order them because I thought my current setup would work, but it didn't unfortunately. Again, I appreciate the help!

I have everything you mentioned previously except the throttle return springs and the bracket. I don't see where you gave a part number for the orange spring (Mancini Racing has several of the orange springs), if you have a part number for it? If so, that would be helpful! I didn't order them because I thought my current setup would work, but it didn't unfortunately. Again, I appreciate the help!
I think I bought all my springs from the Mopar shop.
I will have to look.

I replaced this bracket for two reasons.
1-I was doing a 2bbl conversion.
2-My intake was higher than the original.
If yours was a factory 4bbl, you should not need it.
1713558411833.png

Last edited:
I replaced this bracket for two reasons.
1-I was doing a 2bbl conversion.
2-My intake was higher than the original.
If yours was a factory 4bbl, you should not need it.
View attachment 1649445
thank you! I have a bracket on there and mine seems to be okay, but without the springs (I only have one on it coming from the front of the engine block to the throttle linkage bracket) it seems to keep the pedal slightly down when I let off of it (keeping the RPM's slightly higher). I thought this might help with that, but hopefully I can get the springs and be okay!

thank you! I have a bracket on there and mine seems to be okay, but without the springs (I only have one on it coming from the front of the engine block to the throttle linkage bracket) it seems to keep the pedal slightly down when I let off of it (keeping the RPM's slightly higher). I thought this might help with that, but hopefully I can get the springs and be okay!
I can't find the vendor right now, but
I bought them from a vendor that sells at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA.

I can't find the vendor right now, but
I bought them from a vendor that sells at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA.
Okay, I appreciate it. I see Mancini Racing and TheMoparShop.com have orange springs too (one for a 1967 BB and the other for a 1968 BB), I just don't know what one to buy. I appreciate the help though man!

There are too many springs. The two you just installed should do the job. You may have an issue with the accelerator cable or pedal.
There is a harness lying on the trans-linkage, and it needs to be repositioned.
With the carb at WOT, adjust the trans linkage so that there is approximately 1/8in clearance/play in that lever going to the trans.

Last edited:
There are too many springs. The two you just installed should do the job. You may have an issue with the accelerator cable or petal.
There is a harness lying on the trans-linkage, and it needs to be repositioned.
With the carb at WOT, adjust the trans linkage so that there is approximately 1/8in clearance/play in that lever going to the trans.
Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back