• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Performer RPM 705 HP top end kit for Gen II HEMI 426-572 cubic inch engines

Michael Kocan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I am wondering if any of you have purchased and installed this 2052 Edelbrock Performer RPM 705 HP top end kit for Gen II HEMI 426-572 cubic inch engines? If so, how was the performance in terms of drive-ability using either automatic vs manual transmissions and vacuum for power brakes? The supplied hydraulic roller Comp. cam seems quite radical as my engine builder Nicholas Panaritis (Nick's Garage) pointed out. We are considering a replacement camshaft that would be more street-able as I plan on driving the car here and there once restored. I do not have the cam specifications on hand and will post them later tomorrow. My engine will be a 0.030" overbore on a stock 426 and not stroked. Thanks for your thoughts on this. Kocan

Last edited:
Hello all, I am wondering if any of you have purchased and installed this 2052 Edelbrock Performer RPM 705 HP top end kit for Gen II HEMI 426-572 cubic inch engines? If so, how was the performance in terms of drive-ability using either automatic vs manual transmissions and vacuum for power brakes? The supplied hydraulic roller Comp. cam seems quite radical as my engine builder Nicholas Panaritis (Nick's Garage) pointed out. We are considering a replacement camshaft that would be
You should listen to your engine builder he will be more informed than any others opinion.

The cam does sound a hair big but that's because they wanted to make 700 hp. You could just get their heads and roll your own kit with a smaller cam. The Edelbrock Victor Jr. heads use a larger intake valve, so you will have to notch the bore with a sanding roll to make it look like this for clearance with the larger intake valve.

IMG_1066.jpeg

That is roughly the cam spec I had before I rebuilt my Hemi and back then it made 707.
I am north of that now with more head and intake work and much more camshaft.

This is the first time that I have heard that I have to notch my cyls for the intake valves on Edelbrock JR heads. Guess that I have one more thing to my list.

You may not have to. But he said he was a 426, so I take that to mean 4.25" bore. That's where the problem comes in. Most people today are larger bores and then there is plenty of clearance.

Edelbrock installation instructions note you need to eyebrow cylinders unlass the bore is over 4.32".This is wrong should be bore 4.325"

Last edited:
Hello all, First, thanks for the input and I already have this top end kit and it is at Nick's Garage. Engine build soon. The cam specifications are as follows, Intake duration 262 Deg. Exhaust duration 266 deg. intake lift .628" exhaust lift .608" lobe seperation 1104, intake center line 1090, vacuum N/A. This is the Edelbrock # 2212 Rolin' Thunder camshaft. I am going to agree with Nicholas and his brother that I should tame this camshaft down a bit for drivability and vacuum. Check it out at Nick's Garage in the next few episodes. This should be an interesting run with both the factory dual Carters on a stock intake and the Edelbrock dual quad manifold with Edelbrock carburetors. Kocan

I love watching Nick, especially the dyno runs and comparisons. I'll tune in. I'll take a guess and say the Edelbrock intake and carbs should make a good amount more power. Good luck with your project.

I run a similar sized cam in a .060 over 426 though it's a solid roller and 12.4-1 compression.

Drivability is superb with the manual trans but I think you would want something smaller if you aren't in the same range on compression and especially if auto.

I run a similar sized cam in a .060 over 426 though it's a solid roller and 12.4-1 compression.

Drivability is superb with the manual trans but I think you would want something smaller if you aren't in the same range on compression and especially if auto.Wow

Drivability is superb with the manual trans but I think you would want something smaller if you aren't in the same range on compression and especially if auto.
12.4 compression ratio, Wow! I will be at 11.0-1. I know that the Hemi's are very forgiving with detonation but that is a lot. The last time I had anything with that high of a compression ratio was in 1974 on a Chevrolet 409 with 12.5 Jahns pistons and of course the fuel was much different back then. What are you using for fuel? Kocan

Okay, my bore is 4.320, so I am a 440 now with the stock 3.750 stroke. I will be checking that. I still do not have the hyd roller from Howard's, I may be putting the solid roller back in. I need to do a dry mock up with the new heads and see where everything falls in.
Thank you for the heads up.

I am not a Gold member. Gotta get ahold of Joey.
They only give you 15 pm's.

Well, guess that I am not smart enough to find him. I hate this.

I am not a Gold member. Gotta get ahold of Joey.
They only give you 15 pm's.
Click on your avatar next to conversions you'll see become gold member. When I checked edelbrock instructions it was OH crap, can't trust memory.

Okay, damn, that was like pulling teeth, passwords. PayPal. Not sure how long it will take to post.

Okay, damn, that was like pulling teeth, passwords. PayPal. Not sure how long it will take to post.
Hey Bird, Thanks for the reply. Working night shift and headed there now. I will follow-up in the AM. Thanks. Kocan

Auto Transport Service
Back