• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enter project, hydro boost.

BLK 68 R/T

Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
I got a free hydro boost setup off a late 90’s or early 2000’s dodge diesel. Have everything, including the lines which I can use as a reference for the fittings and get proper length hoses made at the local hydraulic shop. I will have to make the adapter plate, which shouldn’t be too complicated. Kinda stoked about it as I like “fun” projects. Should keep me busy for a while this winter.

Last edited:
I did the swap on my 71 Charger. I have the hydroboost setup came off of a 2008 GMC Savana van. The brakes will put you through the windshield.

20200225_181722.jpg 20200221_065345.jpg 20200221_065319.jpg

Did you have power brakes originally or manual brakes? I guess did you do anything with your peddle or use the OEM? What dia is the master cylinder?

My car was originally with no power brakes. I had to cut the pedal push rod in half on the car and the master cylinder and weld them back together. I am using the factory pedals. I made my own pressure hoses. I drilled the power steering tank and added a nipple for the hydroboost return line. I had to rotate the mounting plate 180, grind the tab off and weld a new one on. I am using the GMC van master cylinder. No sure of the size. I have 1973 Charger disc brakes on the front and I have an 8.8 inch rear axle with disc brakes. I love the way it stops.

Did you use the proportioning valve for manual brakes or power brakes?

Thanks for sharing, very good information. I have the same setup of manual brakes on a 72 Road runner and I have purchased a hydroboost from an Astro van to do the same setup that you have already done.

I got a free hydro boost setup off a late 90’s or early 2000’s dodge diesel. Have everything, including the lines which I can use as a reference for the fittings and get proper length hoses made at the local hydraulic shop. I will have to make the adapter plate, which shouldn’t be too complicated. Kinda stoked about it as I like “fun” projects. Should keep me busy for a while this winter.

Please post some pictures bc this is exactly the route I am thinking of going.

This HB came off a 2000 Mustang cobra and was fitted on 62 Polara 500
works great
Master (3).jpg
Master (5).jpg
Master (6).jpg
Master (11).jpg
Master (12).jpg
Master (13).jpg
engine-3.jpg
engine-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service