• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Wiring or M&H Wiring? Which is better/ has more OEM correct Appearance?

robl72

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's opinion was on the difference between Evans Wiring and M&H. Obviously I want the best as far as performance and OEM appearance with wiring and connections. I am looking to get an Engine Harness w/points and a Tach Wiring Harness.

Thanks Rob L.

I used a M&H on a 71 Satellite. Worked perfect. Purchased all of the harnesses from Year One. I'm unfamiliar with Evans to be honest.

I have used two of Bill Evans engine side harnesses for my cars. I asked for electronic ignition wiring. Both are excellent and as close to factory appearing as I can tell.

I’ve used both and no problems and colors matched old harness.. Both are good no worries just check it before install as we are all human ..

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like both have good reviews from everyone. Just curious why Evan’s is so much cheaper than M&H? Does Evan’s have factory look to all wires and connections?

I've used the M&H/Year One, excellent product. I'd think from what I've heard, Evans is quality as well.

I really like the work Bill Evans does. But I can't say they're any better or worse than M&H.

Bill Evans used to work in the Chrysler wiring dept, he knows Chrysler wiring like th back of his hand. He also does all the harnesses himself, or with his wife, so maybe that’s the savings in price you mentioned.

i've never used evans but haven't heard any bad about them. i've used m&h twice and it's worked very well.

I've used both, and where I'd pick Evans is he'll customize a harness for you so you don't need to splice it...In my case it was adding in a power wire for an electric choke on one.

Bill & Rose Evans put out a quality product. I try to support small, local business, and They're next door in PA. s mentioned earlier, they'll modify the harness, to your needs....

I had Bill add the electronic ignition harness for the distributor, and the newer style voltage regulator plug and extra field wire for my daughters 67 Cuda. Not a problem, and it was done in quick time, and delivered to the Nats for me to pick up.

I've only had experience with M&H, but I like what I'm hearing about Evans' ability to modify a harness. The only issue I've ever had with M&H is one wire on the engine harness that was not the factory color. But the fit was perfect.

Evans only does the engine wiring under the hood, whereas M&H is complete wiring, that's the price difference.

I've used both, and where I'd pick Evans is he'll customize a harness for you so you don't need to splice it...In my case it was adding in a power wire for an electric choke on one.
I was in the process of ordering a harness when I came across your post. I thought it was a great idea to add a power wire for an electric choke. I emailed him, and asked how much the added choke wire would cost, and he said the entire harness would be $100. I said great and ordered it.
Got the harness today, and no choke wire was added! Must have slipped his mind.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Bill & Rose Evans. Always excellent stuff, fantastic quality. M&H might have the factory part number tags? They are the only source for reproduction dash harnesses.

Another vote for M&H wiring harness.
1705492546536.png

Going thru my new wiring harness I bought from classic. Looks like it had came with a Bill Evans engine harness. It had added electronic ignition but still had the wiring for a points voltage regulator.

I use M&H dash harnesses as Evans does not make them. I use Evans for all other harnesses. Engine, tach, wipers etc. good luck with both companies.

Auto Transport Service
Back