• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Expunge water from windhield/rear window chrome moulding?

Dibbons

Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
After washing my 72 SSP project car I blew hard in the corner of the back window moulding and a bunch of water flew out. Should i be concerned about trying to dry those places out or am I a little too OCD? It seems water is just going to set there for quite a spell after a rain or a wash.

IMG_1751.JPG

Blow it out with an air hose or leaf blower and you will be fine....

Water doesnt sit there long on mine, because it leaks through the rust hole it created and into the trunk!
Blow it out before putting the car away

I hand wash my car, with bottle sprayer and towel. She hasn't seen a hose since she was restored, so I don't have that problem. LOL, yeah I know, its a bit extreme, but I would just use air compressor to blow out the area if it were me.

It's places like that on our cars that become common rust areas if not attended to over time. I too have gone to washing my car with a commercial car wash spray bottle since I restored it. I don't plan on it ever getting dirty enough to need the hose treatment. This car will never see rust in my lifetime. Besides I can't wash my car where I live so I don't have a choice.

They don't make em like they used to.

After a road trip no way to wash car without a hose. Just blow it out. Water will trap under trim. Normal.

Decided to sand a little bubble in the area we are discussing and lo and behold, now I have a real problem!

DSC00369.JPG DSC00370.JPG IMG_1751.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back