• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fartcan City (er uh Ocean City)

69 mayflower

Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from a much needed vacation down on the east coast. We stayed two nights in Ocean City Maryland. I was calling it Fartcan City because there are literally thousands of slammed to the ground, loud exhaust import cars cruising that town. I was poo pooing the whole scene at first with my best crotchety old man imitation" boy I sure wish I had a blown big block to show these kids what a real car looks and sounds like". But then I realized, these kids are doing exactly what I used to do back in the day(70s and 80s) the only thing different is the vehicles. I now see that the car culture is alive and well. Not my thing being imports with funny sounding exhaust systems and all but kids with their cars out cruising and having fun. What do you all think of this fartcan lifestyle that is going on. Since I live in small town Alaska, I haven't seen any big scale car culture for many many years and was really glad to see kids still out getting it done.

You picked the wrong weekend to be in ocean city. It was h2o international car show weekend. There are shows in the spring and fall for muscle cars and street rods. Too bad you couldnt have been there for the spring weekend. You would have thought you died and went to heaven

Wow. That's crazy. Here we thought it was just another wild weekend cruise by every kid on the east coast. We had no idea it was an international car show. We saw nothing advertising it as such. I sure wish we had been there for the hot rod and muscle car show. That is something that I can relate to. I do respect the effort put into the imports though.

Oh, I've got to share this post with my wife.
This is her child hood stomping ground.

Auto Transport Service
Back