• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO Benefit Auction for @moparedtn!

P.S. Thanks for letting me know about my Inbox. For some reason, I figured it was unlimited with Gold...
All flushed out now in any event. :thumbsup:
You bet. Hey forgot to tell you also ...... nice videos and thanks for wearin shoes :D you know jr and brutee should see a copy of that.

You bet. Hey forgot to tell you also ...... nice videos and thanks for wearin shoes :D you know jr and brutee should see a copy of that.
Hey, I'll admit to attaining a certain level of "Buford" status down here....but you never go FULL BUFORD! :)

I learned to give not because I have much ... but because I know exactly what it's like to have little or nothing.

Fifteen years ago today, I met a wicked lady named Katrina. I'd only lived 25 miles west of New Orleans for a little over two years (after relocating from southern California in 2003) so I had downsized quite a bit to bare essentials.

I wasn't one of those you saw on tv stranded by flooding. Two tornadoes in ten minutes lifted the elevated house first like popping a sheet, and then lifted 60-pound sheets of antique roof tin like opening cans of cat food, one after the next ... until half of the roof on Billy's house -- built before 1865 -- was gone.

We heard the classic "train horn," crashes, **** blowing up (transformers?), stuff pelleting the house ... after riding out a couple decent earthquakes out west, it was a unique experience.

The only direct view was a small section of window on the kitchen door that was so only because that's where we ran out of plywood the week before. The carnage was like an old horror movie as a result, heard but never seen.

Nine inches of rain followed over the next 14 hours.

I watched him use a 3/8" bit on a battery drill to put holes in his precious hardwood floors to let the water out.

At daybreak he says, "Let's go see your car." Stationed in a 3-sided metal building with only an old U-haul kind of truck parked in front of it earlier for advance protection, I was petrified.

Wrestling through downed trees and branches, remnants of a portable carport, the neighbor's above ground pool, etc., I get to the building and see it.

[It's been 15 #$@!& years Leanna. Why are you crying?]

Slimer is totally filthy with untraceable mud and covered in wet leaves but completely unhurt. All the pent up emotion from braving my first hurricane all erupted at once.

Now a wreck on two feet, I step back from the little space between the truck and the building so Billy can get by me when I see it. One of those 6'x4' 60 pound sheets of roof tin had fully wrapped itself around the heavy I-beam building support. My car would have been mangled if it had flown a few inches more west.

The wind was still blowing so hard later that day that I had to actually tie myself to the chimney with a rope to help tarp it. (5'0 and 115 lbs since grade school ... now ya see why there's 8" shoes in my pics lol.)

The power came back on 8 days later.

I called work, a law firm in nearby Metairie, and learned it had suffered so much damage they were relocating 75 miles away to Baton Rouge! My daily driver had gotten crushed by tin on the front so badly the fender was embedded in the tire and by a smaller tree on the hatch. I couldn't drive anywhere and wasn't turning my Cuda into a commuter.

Billy notified his insurance companies. State Farm settled the Mustang GT 5.0 in a parking lot the next week. We had moved in with his parents, hopeful it would be temporary.

AIG told him not to touch ANYTHING and would send an adjuster. We could have saved so much if we had known then it wasn't going to happen for 96 DAYS. It was a freakin' science experiment within a few days, and three months later had mold a foot thick. All we had left is what we grabbed when we moved in with his folks, precious little.

I got fired by mail the day before my 40th birthday, September 11, 2005. "Job Abandonment" they called it.

Meanwhile, totally unknown to me, my friend Dana Price (mentioned earlier in Ed's posts) was rallying the members of the Yahoo-based '67-'69 Barracuda Owners Group on my behalf. Two big bottles of Hershey's Syrup arrived in the mail along with an old textbook. Tucked in its pages was $1580!!! It absolutely got us through when other agencies failed so miserably.

In February the settlement checks started coming in. Billy had his house torn down March 11, 2006. It had a third fireplace we never knew about.

We found this place on LandAndFarm.com, found a home inspector to look at it, signed the papers in May and finally got here in September.

What a $hithole town turned out to be. I discovered I could spend four hours a day in the car resuming my paralegal career in Memphis or Nashville since local lawyers were few and happy to pay a girl $6 an hour to answer the phone. Billy discovered he couldn't bring his reputation for engine building and tuning 500 miles and expect a farm community to keep him busy.

On May 31, 2006, I opened my little shop behind our house and, in the fourteen years since, have turned a fun hobby I found back in 1999 while restoring my car into a globally recognized metal restoration and custom powder coating business. It is successful now ONLY because of all of you who keep me busy every day, show off my work to your friends and colleagues, and have such glorious feedback that I have NEVER ONCE formally advertised anywhere or had a single day without something to do. It's Phoenix Specialty Coatings because I have been rising from the ashes of devastation and completely rebuilt my life around something other than money. It's not nearly as lucrative as lawyering but the personal satisfaction of bringing new life to your metal is off the charts. I'm livin' the dream here!

So now you know my story too, and why I eagerly rallied my own colleagues and friends on FABO and now here on FBBO to Pay It Forward. I hope this isn't the last time one of our own calls to us silently or through Higher Forces (as the case here) because we all benefitted from it, from learning what we can accomplish together through unity, and what we learned about each other in making it happen.

This is one of FBBO's Greatest Moments.
Leanna, thank you so much for your story! And thank you for putting this all together for Ed and allowing us to spread some much needed good in these crazy times! I’m proud to be a part of this group!!!!!

Threewood is a solid guy! & fellow X owner!
Man, I just love these dang critters. Nothing represents the muscle car look and era better in
my opinion. Nice work, sir!
I'll be retired next year and hope to have the X done, I'll bring her to meet Fred sometime.

Threewood is a solid guy! & fellow X owner!

I'll be retired next year and hope to have the X done, I'll bring her to meet Fred sometime.
That would be some kind of cool for sure!

CORRECTION!!
I've had the wrong winner on my update list all along!! Yeah I know, old age....
Let's get this fixed right now. For this auction:

5. 1996 Chrysler Gold Tool Award gold-plated Snap On wrench set (incl. 3/8", 7/16" and 1/2") donated by T2R9
High bid: $150

The CORRECT winner was:
@MOPOWER871

A thousand apologies for the error!
Ed

UPDATE #12!
Tuesday afternoon "Ed passed the state backflow license test again today" Issue....

PAID LIST – (FOLKS I HAVE RECEIVED PP FROM)

1. $150 Gift Certificate- Phoenix Specialty Coatings donated by CudaChick1968
#1: @Paul Wilson ~ PAID!
#2: @Stephen Hotz - PAID!

2. Winner's Choice of authentic Warner Brothers Seven Arts Inc. cuff links and tie clip (see Post #58) featuring Road Runner OR Super Bee now with Mopar wrapping paper donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @dadsbee – PAID!

3. Charger passenger side front grille insert donated by BigCountryMopar
High bidder: @T2R9 – PAID!

4. Air cleaner assembly donated by hsorman
High bidder: @Don Frelier – PAID!

5. 1996 Chrysler Gold Tool Award gold-plated Snap On wrench set (incl. 3/8", 7/16" and 1/2") donated by T2R9
High bid: $150 @MOPOWER871

6. Two-year Gold Membership to winner's choice of FBBO OR FABO donated by kiwigtx
High bidder: @440+6 – PAID!

7. Chrysler A body front spindles and calipers donated by coronet68mx
High bidder: @Stephen Hotz - PAID!

8. One 4 ounce bar of exclusive "Hand Job" olive oil based mechanic's soap donated by CudaChick1968
High bidder: @kiwigtx - PAID!

9. NOS Mopar cap and rotor donated by HALIFAXHOPS
High bidder: @Mstone68440RR - PAID!

10. Mopar Prestolite dual points and condenser donated by HALIFAXHOPS
High bid: $50 @Pops1967GTX

11. One pound each of Antigua and Huehue coffee #2 donated by Stephen Hotz
High bidder on #1: @Ironbuilt – PAID!
High bidder #2: @davek - PAID!

12. Custom license plate cover to match your car donated by Paul Wilson
High bidders:
@hsorman (1) - PAID!
@hunt2elk (2) – PAID!
@dhramman (1) - PAID!
@Chargerjase (1) - PAID!
@halfafish (1) - PAID!
@Mstone68440RR (1) - PAID!

13. Dodge and Plymouth B Body Muscle 1966-1970 coffee table book donated by Paul Boucher
High bidder: @Under Pressure - PAID!

14. Rebuilt 1968 Charger power steering box donated by funknut

15. 1972 Factory Parts Manual donated by T2R9
High bidder: @twinscrew698 - PAID!

16. Carter AFB Competition Part No. 9605-S 600 cfm carburetor donated by 1967coronet
Winner: @cosgig – PAID!

17. Dodge Motorsports flag donated by 1967coronet
Winner: @71RRHI – PAID!

18. 1:16 scale Buddy Baker 1973 Charger model donated by Bb70charger500

19. 1964 Dodge horn bar donated by pushrod
High bidder: @pushrod with **bid match challenge issued** - PAID!!!!

20. Plymouth hanging sign donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @Paul Wilson – PAID!!!

21. Dodge hanging sign donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @hemi*guy - PAID!

22. 1973-1974 Satellite / Road Runner taillight lenses donated by idrivemopar
High bidder: @ralley72 – PAID!

23. Dual snorkel air cleaner assembly donated by halfafish
High bidder: @BeatersRus - PAID!

24. OEM 1970 front sway bar with aftermarket bushings and clamps donated by Under Pressure

25. NOS V-8 fender emblem donated by 4spdragtop Steve from our sister FABO board
High bidder: @4spdragtop - PAID!

26. NOS Pentastar emblem donated by coloradohill
High bidder: @BDF6 - PAID!!

27. 1969 Plymouth GTX Ertl Collectibles donated by FU64RY
High bidder: @f569 - PAID!!

28. 50th Anniversary Chrysler book donated by HALIFAXHOPS
High bidder: @copper67sat - PAID!!

29. 1961 Motor's Repair Manual donated by khryslerkid
High bidder: @patrick66 - PAID!

30. 1962 Factory Service Manual donated by khryslerkid
High bidder: @halfafish - PAID!

31. 1972 Motor's Auto Repair Manual donated by khryslerkid

32. 1962 Dodge Dart Jo-Han model kit donated by khryslerkid

33. New B engine Skip White / ProForm distributor with GM HEI donated by RustyRatRod

34. High temp battery cables donated by Dfr360cuda
High bidder: @funknut - PAID!

35. 1966-1967 Charger taillight housings donated by ghostrider 67

36. Lugnuts donated by junior340
High bidder: @1967coronet - PAID!

37. Mopar "hot wheels" style '69 Charger Daytona Hemi car donated by BigCountryMopar
High bid: $30 @roadrunner69440

38. Chrysler Stratton makeup compact donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @jmk77379 - PAID!

39. 1970 Hemi Cuda Anheuser-Busch collector stein number 02846 (circa 2002) donated by Wonder Woman
High bidder: @Ironbuilt - PAID!

40. Holley 3310 750 cfm vacuum secondary carburetor donated by Beekeeper
High bidder: @coloradohill - PAID!

41. FBBO can coozie donated by moparwacko
High bidder: @69 GTX (Sending by mail)

42. Perk & Willie CD donated by Paul Wilson
High bidder: @Paul Wilson – PAID!

43. Aluminum 440 Engine Call Outs donated by Paul Wilson

44. Custom Super Bee License Plate donated by OH71RRunner
High bidder: @davek - PAID!

45. Custom Road Runner License Plate donated by OH71RRunner

46. Custom 69 Charger License Plate donated by OH71RRunner

47. 3-speed Wiper Motor ('68 B Body?) donated by threewood

Thank you @twinscrew698 Jesse! Now you and @T2R9 need to get together on
shipping and your item will be on its' way. :)

The only winners not heard from as of yet are:
@MOPOWER871
@roadrunner69440
@Pops1967GTX

Did I miss anyone? Any errors?
THANK YOU ALL!!
Ed

Last edited:
UPDATE #13!
Tuesday evening "I expected more grief from you guys on the videos" Edition:

PAID LIST – (FOLKS I HAVE RECEIVED PP FROM)

1. $150 Gift Certificate- Phoenix Specialty Coatings donated by CudaChick1968
#1: @Paul Wilson ~ PAID!
#2: @Stephen Hotz - PAID!

2. Winner's Choice of authentic Warner Brothers Seven Arts Inc. cuff links and tie clip (see Post #58) featuring Road Runner OR Super Bee now with Mopar wrapping paper donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @dadsbee – PAID!

3. Charger passenger side front grille insert donated by BigCountryMopar

4. Air cleaner assembly donated by hsorman
High bidder: @Don Frelier – PAID!

High bidder: @MOPOWER871 - PAID!

6. Two-year Gold Membership to winner's choice of FBBO OR FABO donated by kiwigtx
High bidder: @440+6 – PAID!

7. Chrysler A body front spindles and calipers donated by coronet68mx
High bidder: @Stephen Hotz - PAID!

8. One 4 ounce bar of exclusive "Hand Job" olive oil based mechanic's soap donated by CudaChick1968
High bidder: @kiwigtx - PAID!

9. NOS Mopar cap and rotor donated by HALIFAXHOPS

10. Mopar Prestolite dual points and condenser donated by HALIFAXHOPS
High bid: $50 @Pops1967GTX

11. One pound each of Antigua and Huehue coffee #2 donated by Stephen Hotz
High bidder on #1: @Ironbuilt – PAID!
High bidder #2: @davek - PAID!

12. Custom license plate cover to match your car donated by Paul Wilson
High bidders:
@hsorman (1) - PAID!
@hunt2elk (2) – PAID!
@dhramman (1) - PAID!
@Chargerjase (1) - PAID!
@halfafish (1) - PAID!
@Mstone68440RR (1) - PAID!

13. Dodge and Plymouth B Body Muscle 1966-1970 coffee table book donated by Paul Boucher
High bidder: @Under Pressure - PAID!

14. Rebuilt 1968 Charger power steering box donated by funknut

15. 1972 Factory Parts Manual donated by T2R9
High bidder: @twinscrew698 - PAID!

16. Carter AFB Competition Part No. 9605-S 600 cfm carburetor donated by 1967coronet
Winner: @cosgig – PAID!

17. Dodge Motorsports flag donated by 1967coronet
Winner: @71RRHI – PAID!

18. 1:16 scale Buddy Baker 1973 Charger model donated by Bb70charger500

19. 1964 Dodge horn bar donated by pushrod
High bidder: @pushrod with **bid match challenge issued** - PAID!!!!

20. Plymouth hanging sign donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @Paul Wilson – PAID!!!

21. Dodge hanging sign donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @hemi*guy - PAID!

22. 1973-1974 Satellite / Road Runner taillight lenses donated by idrivemopar
High bidder: @ralley72 – PAID!

23. Dual snorkel air cleaner assembly donated by halfafish
High bidder: @BeatersRus - PAID!

24. OEM 1970 front sway bar with aftermarket bushings and clamps donated by Under Pressure

25. NOS V-8 fender emblem donated by 4spdragtop Steve from our sister FABO board
High bidder: @4spdragtop - PAID!

26. NOS Pentastar emblem donated by coloradohill
High bidder: @BDF6 - PAID!!

27. 1969 Plymouth GTX Ertl Collectibles donated by FU64RY
High bidder: @f569 - PAID!!

28. 50th Anniversary Chrysler book donated by HALIFAXHOPS
High bidder: @copper67sat - PAID!!

29. 1961 Motor's Repair Manual donated by khryslerkid

30. 1962 Factory Service Manual donated by khryslerkid
High bidder: @halfafish - PAID!

31. 1972 Motor's Auto Repair Manual donated by khryslerkid

32. 1962 Dodge Dart Jo-Han model kit donated by khryslerkid

33. New B engine Skip White / ProForm distributor with GM HEI donated by RustyRatRod

34. High temp battery cables donated by Dfr360cuda
High bidder: @funknut - PAID!

35. 1966-1967 Charger taillight housings donated by ghostrider 67

36. Lugnuts donated by junior340
High bidder: @1967coronet - PAID!

37. Mopar "hot wheels" style '69 Charger Daytona Hemi car donated by BigCountryMopar
High bid: $30 @roadrunner69440

38. Chrysler Stratton makeup compact donated by moparsaver
High bidder: @jmk77379 - PAID!

39. 1970 Hemi Cuda Anheuser-Busch collector stein number 02846 (circa 2002) donated by Wonder Woman
High bidder: @Ironbuilt - PAID!

40. Holley 3310 750 cfm vacuum secondary carburetor donated by Beekeeper
High bidder: @coloradohill - PAID!

41. FBBO can coozie donated by moparwacko
High bidder: @69 GTX (Sending by mail)

42. Perk & Willie CD donated by Paul Wilson

43. Aluminum 440 Engine Call Outs donated by Paul Wilson

44. Custom Super Bee License Plate donated by OH71RRunner
High bidder: @davek - PAID!

45. Custom Road Runner License Plate donated by OH71RRunner

46. Custom 69 Charger License Plate donated by OH71RRunner

47. 3-speed Wiper Motor ('68 B Body?) donated by threewood

Thank you @MOPOWER871 ! Now you and @T2R9 need to get together on shipping and your item will be on its' way. :)

The only winners not heard from as of yet are:

@roadrunner69440
@Pops1967GTX

Did I miss anyone? Any errors?
THANK YOU ALL!!
Ed

loneranger.jpg

Look Tonto, it's almost complete!

UPDATE:

I have received both items that I won in the auction.

The coffee from @Stephen Hotz

20200902_141759.jpg

The Cuda Stein from @Wonder Woman

20200902_141739.jpg

I want to say thank you again to @CudaChick1968 for organizing such a successful auction and for everybody here at FBBO that participated.
I had a lot of fun and it was a special pleasure to help out such a great man and his lovely wife. Hang in there @moparedtn things are going to turn out great in the end.

UPDATE:

I have received both items that I won in the auction.

The coffee from @Stephen Hotz

View attachment 996640

The Cuda Stein from @Wonder Woman

View attachment 996641

I want to say thank you again to @CudaChick1968 for organizing such a successful auction and for everybody here at FBBO that participated.
I had a lot of fun and it was a special pleasure to help out such a great man and his lovely wife. Hang in there @moparedtn things are going to turn out great in the end.
Wow, VERY cool loot there my friend!
I dunno about the "great" part (unless waistline counts), but thank you and God bless ya for participating.
Means the world to me....ok, not gonna go blubbery again here, refer to the videos. :)

I learned to give not because I have much ... but because I know exactly what it's like to have little or nothing.

Fifteen years ago today, I met a wicked lady named Katrina. I'd only lived 25 miles west of New Orleans for a little over two years (after relocating from southern California in 2003) so I had downsized quite a bit to bare essentials.

I wasn't one of those you saw on tv stranded by flooding. Two tornadoes in ten minutes lifted the elevated house first like popping a sheet, and then lifted 60-pound sheets of antique roof tin like opening cans of cat food, one after the next ... until half of the roof on Billy's house -- built before 1865 -- was gone.

We heard the classic "train horn," crashes, **** blowing up (transformers?), stuff pelleting the house ... after riding out a couple decent earthquakes out west, it was a unique experience.

The only direct view was a small section of window on the kitchen door that was so only because that's where we ran out of plywood the week before. The carnage was like an old horror movie as a result, heard but never seen.

Nine inches of rain followed over the next 14 hours.

I watched him use a 3/8" bit on a battery drill to put holes in his precious hardwood floors to let the water out.

At daybreak he says, "Let's go see your car." Stationed in a 3-sided metal building with only an old U-haul kind of truck parked in front of it earlier for advance protection, I was petrified.

Wrestling through downed trees and branches, remnants of a portable carport, the neighbor's above ground pool, etc., I get to the building and see it.

[It's been 15 #$@!& years Leanna. Why are you crying?]

Slimer is totally filthy with untraceable mud and covered in wet leaves but completely unhurt. All the pent up emotion from braving my first hurricane all erupted at once.

Now a wreck on two feet, I step back from the little space between the truck and the building so Billy can get by me when I see it. One of those 6'x4' 60 pound sheets of roof tin had fully wrapped itself around the heavy I-beam building support. My car would have been mangled if it had flown a few inches more west.

The wind was still blowing so hard later that day that I had to actually tie myself to the chimney with a rope to help tarp it. (5'0 and 115 lbs since grade school ... now ya see why there's 8" shoes in my pics lol.)

The power came back on 8 days later.

I called work, a law firm in nearby Metairie, and learned it had suffered so much damage they were relocating 75 miles away to Baton Rouge! My daily driver had gotten crushed by tin on the front so badly the fender was embedded in the tire and by a smaller tree on the hatch. I couldn't drive anywhere and wasn't turning my Cuda into a commuter.

Billy notified his insurance companies. State Farm settled the Mustang GT 5.0 in a parking lot the next week. We had moved in with his parents, hopeful it would be temporary.

AIG told him not to touch ANYTHING and would send an adjuster. We could have saved so much if we had known then it wasn't going to happen for 96 DAYS. It was a freakin' science experiment within a few days, and three months later had mold a foot thick. All we had left is what we grabbed when we moved in with his folks, precious little.

I got fired by mail the day before my 40th birthday, September 11, 2005. "Job Abandonment" they called it.

Meanwhile, totally unknown to me, my friend Dana Price (mentioned earlier in Ed's posts) was rallying the members of the Yahoo-based '67-'69 Barracuda Owners Group on my behalf. Two big bottles of Hershey's Syrup arrived in the mail along with an old textbook. Tucked in its pages was $1580!!! It absolutely got us through when other agencies failed so miserably.

In February the settlement checks started coming in. Billy had his house torn down March 11, 2006. It had a third fireplace we never knew about.

We found this place on LandAndFarm.com, found a home inspector to look at it, signed the papers in May and finally got here in September.

What a $hithole town turned out to be. I discovered I could spend four hours a day in the car resuming my paralegal career in Memphis or Nashville since local lawyers were few and happy to pay a girl $6 an hour to answer the phone. Billy discovered he couldn't bring his reputation for engine building and tuning 500 miles and expect a farm community to keep him busy.

On May 31, 2006, I opened my little shop behind our house and, in the fourteen years since, have turned a fun hobby I found back in 1999 while restoring my car into a globally recognized metal restoration and custom powder coating business. It is successful now ONLY because of all of you who keep me busy every day, show off my work to your friends and colleagues, and have such glorious feedback that I have NEVER ONCE formally advertised anywhere or had a single day without something to do. It's Phoenix Specialty Coatings because I have been rising from the ashes of devastation and completely rebuilt my life around something other than money. It's not nearly as lucrative as lawyering but the personal satisfaction of bringing new life to your metal is off the charts. I'm livin' the dream here!

So now you know my story too, and why I eagerly rallied my own colleagues and friends on FABO and now here on FBBO to Pay It Forward. I hope this isn't the last time one of our own calls to us silently or through Higher Forces (as the case here) because we all benefitted from it, from learning what we can accomplish together through unity, and what we learned about each other in making it happen.

This is one of FBBO's Greatest Moments.
I feel your pain. I survived Hurricane Hugo, Cat 5 monster. It was surreal. I lost everything except the car we escaped in and what we stuffed in it. House and land swept clean and bare. nothing left at all. Bizarre.

Just wanted to thank Tom (moparsaver) for the great sign and the great way he packed it for shipping. Not sure where it will be hung yet but it will be great where ever it lands!
IMG_3767.jpg

I feel your pain. I survived Hurricane Hugo, Cat 5 monster. It was surreal. I lost everything except the car we escaped in and what we stuffed in it. House and land swept clean and bare. nothing left at all. Bizarre.
Just can't say anything about something happening like that. My last home got flooded 3 times from storms and left out of there and so far so good in my 'new' home of 36 years. Just can't imagine losing everything in a full swoop but it's possible living where I am since I'm only 9 miles from Galveston Bay. I really hate living here these days......and pray for all those that have lost their possessions in the recent storms......and their loved ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back