• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender light bulb replacment question

The Crusher

Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
I have a 67 Coronet with the fender turn indicators. Pass. side doesn't work. I pulled the chrome housing, but I can't figure out how the pigtail come out of the lens to replace the bulb. I'm afraid to twist and pry too hard for fear of breaking the lens. Need someone to drop some knowledge on me. TYIA.

Check with Cruzin Moons Dennis Mullins in PA. He may have what you need or send you in the right direction. Are these the bullet style?

Thank you. That will be helpful in the future. However, it didn't address how to remove the bulb from the lens.
It WILL be detailed in the service manual. That is what the book is for. I restored, built, and assembled my '69 Bee with a shop manual, and no internet. While the internet helps at times, all of the information you seek can be gleaned from the manual.

My OLD buddy that used to work on this stuff when new (his words), says that some are not able to be disassembled and need to be replaced as a complete assy.

If they are like these:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIh7zJsrn79gIVe3NvBB3jKwvMEAQYAiABEgIn6PD_BwE

the knurled cylinder the wire goes into will unscrew removing the bottom contact and I believe, release the tiny bulb. Pretty much how my 66 Satellite ones assemble.
Close, but no. These have a flange with a screw that holds it to the fender. Also, there is no knurled cylinder on the pigtail wire,

Mighty Dodge_0001 _03.JPG

Last edited:
It WILL be detailed in the service manual. That is what the book is for. I restored, built, and assembled my '69 Bee with a shop manual, and no internet. While the internet helps at times, all of the information you seek can be gleaned from the manual.
69Bee, I'm not going to argue with you on a public forum. But, NO, IT IS NOT COVERED in the manual link that you provided. I've been through it TWICE. If you are so certain, please provide me with the chapter and page, if you can find it. If you can, you're a better man than me.

Last edited:
Okay, I was able to get the lens and bulb removed from the pigtail. It looks like the bulb is captured within the lens. The lens and bulb unscrew from the pigtail as a unit. The service manual (provided by 69Bee) shows the replacement bulb as #1893, but #1893 bulbs are standard type bulbs. The bulb looks to have serrated teeth and the lens is molded to the teeth on the bulb. I ruined the small, soft, brass, socket of the bulb trying to remove it from the lens.

Mighty Dodge_0002 _03.JPG Resized_20220405_092124(1).jpg

The bulb metal base is rusted to housing. As mentioned Krusin Moons has bulbs, you maybe be able lens with threaded that holds the bulb. They sell housings $40 a pair and $5 for two bulbs. +S&H Maybe pigtails?

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I left a message with Krusing Moons. Waiting for a call back.

Thanks, 69Bee, but I don't need the whole assembly and $250 for one is too steep for this cheap. Scottish Bastard. For that kind of money, I'll stick the regular #1893 bulb in the pigtail and drill out the old bulb from the lens I have. Also, don't need the pigtail. The wire and socket are fine and not rusty. My issue is removing the bulb from the lens.

I appreciate your help, fellas!

Thanks, guys. I left a message with Krusing Moons. Waiting for a call back.

Thanks, 69Bee, but I don't need the whole assembly and $250 for one is too steep for this cheap. Scottish Bastard. For that kind of money, I'll stick the regular #1893 bulb in the pigtail and drill out the old bulb from the lens I have. Also, don't need the pigtail. The wire and socket are fine and not rusty. My issue is removing the bulb from the lens.

I appreciate your help, fellas!
I agree completely, I was just showing the assy, and yes, I saw that they only had one. Yes, too rich for me for just one, but it was a NOS light assy. The one from Krusing Moons looks good though.

I agree completely, I was just showing the assy, and yes, I saw that they only had one. Yes, too rich for me for just one, but it was a NOS light assy. The one from Krusing Moons looks good though.
I do appreciate the help, Bee. My car is just a driver and nothing special. I'll save the NOS parts for the guys with the high end restorations. The fender lights are one of the few options I have on the car. I just want the damn things to work. Still waiting for a call from Moon. I'll talk with Dennis and see what he has to say.

I spoke to Dennis @ Krusing Moons this morning. He's going to hook me up with new lenses, bulbs and pigtails. Thanks for your help fellas.

Auto Transport Service
Back