• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FI TECH tbi

maxwell1

Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Anybody running a FI TECH tbi and if so what does your set up consist of ? and what is your motor size,tranny, Thanks Maxwell

I am. Its on my drag only car. 440 with 727. Trans brake. Only thing i can say bad is it does not like the two step lately so I just slam it on the converter. I have a work around but havent tried it yet

Im using the external fuel pump with the corvette filter near the tank. This way you only need a short piece of bypass hose back to the fuel cell.

The FiTechs seem complicated at first but once you understand them they are quite easy to work with

If you buy one get it through Www.paceperformance.com you get their support along with FiTech support which is very good

Both my wagon and convertible has them. Just get an EFI tank from tanks inc and buy the Fitech, install O2 and about 5 wires. Enjoy

Fitech 1200
505-727 with trans brake
Msd pro billet with 6al box
External electric fuel pump

Seems the worst thing about fitech is the fuel command center so change out your mechanical fuel pump for an electric.

Does anybody know someone using it with a 4 speed ,and how well does it work?????

They work with standards. 1968 Coronet 318 with RV cam, dual exhaust 904. Tanks inc EFI tank with GS2 pump. Added a regulator to hold the pump to 8V. No issues with the throttle body. Fuel system sucked. I am finally ok with the fuel system. Long story so PM me and we can talk on the phone if you like. The regulated voltage on the pump and cork gaskets on the tank made me mostly happy with the install

Yes, the FiTech works with 4 speeds, or 5 or 6 speeds for that matter. In my case I use two throttle bodies on a factory crossram, 440 with ported/polished max wedge heads, A833 4 speed, and a 3:91 rear. I originally used FiTech's Fuel Command Center (FCC) and it worked fine. I also use the FI to regulate the timing of my MSD Pro Billet distributor. I am currently having a custom tank built by Ricks Tanks in El Paso (no-one was willing to build one for my 63 until I found them), that will contain an in tank pump and a return system. The tank will be stainless steel and I've re-plumbed all the hoses in Aeroquip -6 PTFE (teflon lined) hose. I will now be able to run gas or E-85. My car is a street machine but I like the option of being able to turn those big M/Ts when I feel like it...

DSCN0304.JPG DSCN0305.JPG DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0314.JPG DSCN0651.JPG

Had a Fitech. Computer was bunk, they denied it. Summit took it back for an exchange for the Holley Sniper. Never looking back.

It's a long story, I tried to support the little guy, but in the end their cust service pushed me over the edge.

I am. Its on my drag only car. 440 with 727. Trans brake. Only thing i can say bad is it does not like the two step lately so I just slam it on the converter. I have a work around but havent tried it yet

Im using the external fuel pump with the corvette filter near the tank. This way you only need a short piece of bypass hose back to the fuel cell.

The FiTechs seem complicated at first but once you understand them they are quite easy to work with

If you buy one get it through Www.paceperformance.com you get their support along with FiTech support which is very good
Got a part # on fuel filter

Auto Transport Service
Back