• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got the picture

sxarnold

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
Been trying to get a picture that shows the coke bottle rear fenders and hoping this catches the lines of the car. Going raw with the hemi.

664006B7-EFAC-4309-8BBD-574CB648EEC5.jpeg 02C0E958-E0BD-4F8C-858D-078C80003036.jpeg

Sorry, man....The "Coke Bottle" reference came along in 1968 with the Charger!

Albeit the term came up in 68 for the styling cues
Charger, side views

the RR had a coke-bottle shape too
from this angle
she has some noticeable bulbous hips too
that wide narrow wider :poke: hour glass figure

68 RR LL1 Paint & Clear #1 with trim 10-2017.JPG

68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #1a DS frt.JPG

It seems to me that all the 68-69 B body cars had a Coke Bottle appearance, the 70 Charger carried the theme another year.

Sorry for my ignorance but what the hell is a “coke bottle appearance”??

side view of the car &/or top down areal view
it had a coke bottle shape

slim to wide, to narrow, to wide again
like a coke bottle

Sorry for my ignorance but what the hell is a “coke bottle appearance”??

The real Petty car has a 2-3" mini tub along with the Coke bottle or "hips" (gotta steal that descriptor). The hips were likely initiated in '65 as a way to add space for quick rear tire removal while maintaining the shape and lines of the car. It does beg the question, "did function (or winning) influence the later design esthetic?".

It seems to me that all the 68-69 B body cars had a Coke Bottle appearance, the 70 Charger carried the theme another year.
70 B body Plymouth’s had the same shape. And the Roadrunner has scoops.

Maybe my opinion is only mine but I thought the 1970 Belvedere/Road Runner/GTX body looked a bit more squared off compared to the 68-69 models.

I'm surprised to learn that a Mopar owner isn't aware of this!
Look at BDF's car...See where the arch of the fender fades into the door, same as the arch of the quarter panel? That intersection mimics the middle of the Coke bottle....which also matches the mid section of a well built woman. This is NOT a coincidence!

13780966-1970-plymouth-road-runner-thumb.jpg
favori1085.jpg

Hard to tell, you could be right.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back