• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those with kids learning to drive

When I moved to semi-rural central FL in 1988, from a city that was at the time twice as large as Tampa, I would routinely drive into a city, just to be in familiar traffic patterns.

How's that for whacked out?

It also helped orient me as to "where does that highway go to" to quote David Byrne.
I live in a small rural city. When I moved here a decade ago I had more students in my HS (in Ft Lauderdale) than residents in this city.
Rush hour is when there are three cars sitting at our one red light.
Road rage is when none of the 4 drivers at the local 4 way stop will go first.
Everybody waves with 5 fingers.
I love it.

I live in a small rural city. When I moved here a decade ago I had more students in my HS (in Ft Lauderdale) than residents in this city.
Rush hour is when there are three cars sitting at our one red light.
Road rage is when none of the 4 drivers at the local 4 way stop will go first.
Everybody waves with 5 fingers.
I love it.

The year after I moved here, they cut out the "M" in the local mcdonalds sign (still single arch), and replaced it with a "B".

...and mcdonalds closed at 9:00 pm but Advance Auto parts was open until 10:00!

Since then, they have build six more mcdonalds!

...and over dozen Advance/ Auto Zone/ O'Reilly's .

All too common today.

In most states yellow is "clearance for car already in intersection".

NOT- speed up so you are in the intersection when the light turns red.

Riding a motorcycle conditions you to think "worst case scenario" and find multiple "paths of least potential damage" constantly.

Kind of takes a lot of the fun out of riding or driving.
That's the toughest part of riding a bike, staying sharp for idiots and enjoying the ride too.

Auto Transport Service
Back