• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front suspension, steering parts.

MWFan

Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
My 64 Polara is having steering issues. Seems to not turn much with small steering input, then want to "dart" in the direction I'm steering.
My days of crawling on the floor working on stuff are over, not to mention I know next to nothing about steering and suspension so I have an appointment at a shop I have used before and trust. My problem likely will be parts. I tried calling Joe Suchy, no answer. Is there a go to source for front end stuff?
Thanks, Bernie

An inspection of the condition of the components would be a good start. From there, you can determine what is working and what isn't.
The replacement parts can found from numerous sources. I suggest you contact PST, they do sponsor this site and have proven to have great service.

And , if you would prefer *** U.S.A. made parts ***
Instead !!!!
I can supply you absolutely everything !!!!

The Entire Front End is comprised of three ( 3 ) sub sections , as indicated below :

1 ) SUSPENSION : Upper and Lower Ball Joints and Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings……..and ( Optional ) the Upper Control Arm Cam & Caster Bolt Kits…….

2 ) STEERING : Inner and Outer Tie Rods and Sleeves, Idler Arm and PITMAN ARM ……….

3 ) THE REST : Strut Rod Bushings , Stabilizer Bar Bushings, Stabilizer Links, and Upper and Lower Control Arm Rebound Bumpers / “ Bump Stops “ …….

I can supply you absolutely everything , or whatever you want or need, if that is less…. either is fine by me …..

P.M. me , as per forum rules, if interested….. Craig…..

Way to go, Craig....Sorry that I didn't mention you. Thanks for the reminder.

I bought a PST idler arm for a 71 Satellite. I was impressed with the quality of the part. I bought Moog prior to getting this one from PST. I will never buy a moog part again.

It sounds like a centering valve problem with the steering control box.
See if they can flush it out first.
How old is the pressure hose?
Might want to put a new one one and then flush it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back