• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun driver project : 69 Charger

Very nice work! And pics! Great new way to do the de-hump mod on the outer well halves also..

Very nice car, look solid! Glad to see another young guy on the forum.

Hi everyone

not a lot of news but now. My charger does have rear disc brakes !

Bought a fresh set of disc and caliper from Summit. its from an 04 Mustang.

The only parts you need to make is the caliper bracket. So I made a pair.

img_2020.jpg

img_2023.jpg

And installed to check clearance. Yes it fits !!

img_2019.jpg

img_2018.jpg

All nice and shiny looking :D

And that my friends, is a 220$ brake kit lol ! It's still looking pretty rought. I still have some grinding and finishing to do.

Next are the front discs !

See ya

Please. Details on the frame jig. Anything you got dimension wise. What materials you used. It's awesome looking.

Passenger side wheel tub done ! My bodyman told me the rear end will be finished in about 2 weeks.

next will be the front end (small patch to be done and unbent some spot)
aslo weld the new floor in place and do the T56 tunnel mod.
A lot of small spot that need some attention.

22414210.jpg

22447510.jpg

We made the Jig using this
65561510.jpg

This helps a lot !

for the frame of the jig we use 50mm square tube for the main part.

Thank's

Elliot

Hi everyone,

I'm coming to give you some news about the project ! We are viewing the light at the end of the tunnel !

We epoxied eveything.
20171011.jpg

Time to put everything back together
20171010.jpg

20171113.jpg

20171111.jpg

Those corner have been cut in all directions !
20171110.jpg

Know everything is square and eaven ! But damn those corner from AMD are really junk !

20171115.jpg

We also got the rear bumper closer to the body.

20171114.jpg

AND it's looking really nice !!

20171116.jpg

I'm mean really NICE !

23722011.jpg

There is some final work left to be done but we can call it finish for the rear !

Thank you

Elliot

Looking good! I know what you mean about the AMD corners. I had mine cut apart just about every way possible and rebuilt them to fit like they are supposed to.

This is a very good build you have going here.
You will enjoy driving it for sure, not much funner than cruising in a '69 Charger :thumbsup:

All I can say is WOW! Mad skills such a great build!

keep the progress coming

Thank you all !

I hope it will be fun ;)

Today I tested my hydroboost unit with the mastercylinder and the proportionning valve.

Everything fits nicely

img_2011.jpg

img_2010.jpg

Looking good man! Great skills! By corners, I thought you were talking about the end pieces that finish off the quarters. I was going to say those fit like crap from the factory. I see what you mean now. You did an awesome job fitting all the panels and really like the wheel wells. Keep it up man!
:thumbsup:

Looking good man! Great skills! By corners, I thought you were talking about the end pieces that finish off the quarters. I was going to say those fit like crap from the factory. I see what you mean now. You did an awesome job fitting all the panels and really like the wheel wells. Keep it up man!
:thumbsup:

Thank's mate !

I got some update

The main floor pan fits really well ! for sure best parts from AMD
1010.jpg
910.jpg

To bad we are going to cut it for the T56 :icon_fU:

Engine bay needed a lot of love ! We patch some area

710.jpg

510.jpg

410.jpg

310.jpg

210.jpg

110.jpg

As you can see the battery support is no longer in place since it will be located in the trunk !

As you can imagine, I'm really looking forward to drive this bitch :steering:

Thank you,

Elliot

Hi,

Friday news coming !

We finished the rear window frame. Since it was rotted everywhere. here is the upper patch that complete the restoration of this frame
811.jpg

Once installed

1210.jpg

1510.jpg

Then the final thing to do was the upper seam of the quarter. Instead of keeping the original seam (that rust easely) we cut it and made a patch to cover.

1410.jpg

Welded.
20171210.jpg

And finish ! No need for bodyfiller in this area
1610.jpg

The original piece that as been cut
1810.jpg

Passenger side done
1910.jpg

2010.jpg

2110.jpg

And we have drilled all the spots welds for our floor. It will not be welded on center since we have to re-do the tunnel for the T56

2410.jpg

img_2012.jpg

Thank you everyone !

Elliot

If you can make your brackets for the disc brakes with the bleeder @ 11-1 oclock high, it will make it much easier to bleed.

Been a while since I posted last time.

The stiffening kit is on ! At least half of it !

28381111.jpg

20180316.jpg

20180318.jpg

20180317.jpg

20180315.jpg

20180319.jpg

Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back