• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 3 tach signal to orig tach in rally dash

viperakron

Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone sell an updated stock looking tach for rally dash that works with Gen 3 harness? Can they be converted to use new harness. I'm not a wiring wizard and have been given advice on tach converters from MSD and Dakota Dig. Who has made this work and might offer a wiring diagram.

Thanks

I have a 6.1 in my 68 Charger with the Gen 3 harness. I sent my gauge panel to Redline gauge works and had them rebuild the gauges and convert the amp gauge to volts. I am using the 545RFE 5 speed truck transmission so needed to convert the speedo to pulse along with the tach which receives pulses off of a coil pack. Not sure which harness you have but the directions I got with mine said I had to supply my own source. Something to the affect that I needed to contact the manufacturer of my tach on what they require to gain a signal for the tach from a Gen 3 Hemi. Mine needed a wire off of one of the coil packs. I think I spliced into either number 4 or 8. Here is a pic of my gauge panel

100_9659.JPG

Previous owner has everything else working in the dash except tach. Just need to talk to someone who has done the tach and find out which adapter what wires go where

MSD makes the adapter.

Auto Transport Service
Back