• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GG1 68 paint code

Looking for the person that originally owned/painted this car. I believe I may be the current owner of this car that I recently purchased in California. I have heard it may have been originally from Virginia. Maybe my car is not this one, but looks nearly exactly the same. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for the person that originally owned/painted this car. I believe I may be the current owner of this car that I recently purchased in California. I have heard it may have been originally from Virginia. Maybe my car is not this one, but looks nearly exactly the same. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the VIN. I purchased it from a guy in Colorado. It was sitting in a field behind a garage and I tried to trace the history but apparently there was a fire that destroyed many of the records for the 1968 era cars.
By the way, I did sell it to a dealer in California.

VIN with ruler.JPG

My VIN number is different. I bought the car from Affordable Classics San Diego. By chance that isn’t the dealer you sold it to? I tried to get information from them, but they couldn’t/wouldn’t divulge any information. Dang! I was hoping that you were the missing link. Thanks for responding.

My VIN number is different. I bought the car from Affordable Classics San Diego. By chance that isn’t the dealer you sold it to? I tried to get information from them, but they couldn’t/wouldn’t divulge any information. Dang! I was hoping that you were the missing link. Thanks for responding.
Another question. Is that the GG1 paint? I just noticed that the interior in your car looks to be darker. Mine is white. Overall, my car looks like they put a lot of time and skill in the restoration.

This is original paint as sprayed by Chrysler in 1968... Code GG-1

IMG_2601.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back