• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got a new spot welder, custom making clamps?

68GTXNH

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
so i found a miller spot welder on the shelf out back at work. they said they havent used it in 15 years, bought it for one particular job (very thin titanium grids) and it never quite did the job they needed it to, that the fine touch with the tig could accomplish. so they said i could have it, ill post pics later its probably a $1000 machine its got a custom made copper clamp in it for that special job, but i have the regular copper bar 3" style clamps too. any one ever make custom clamps for factory style repairs in harder to reach places? like very long clamps that curve wide enough around the rockers to do floor pans or backwards clamps to do the quarter to wheel house (like the pic below)? ive seen some pics and links on british of australian cars site of ones people bought but mine came with custom ones we made at work so i figure its easy enough to make. any one done it?
41-fGVSPYHL.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back