• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got another Mopar...

CornDog

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I was browsing craigslist the other day and came across a '70 Plymouth Sport Satellite 4 dr. They were asking $500 for it. The ad said "Will run, but needs to be towed". So I'm thinking... Parts Car. I go and look at the car and it's better than I expected. The car is pretty solid for the most part but it does have a few rust issues... nothing major. The car is complete though. The interior will need some attention too. The car runs and will be able to drive after a brake job. So anyways, I got to thinking, maybe I'll just make this car a beater I guess. What does everyone else think. Would it even be worth doing anything with... or would you just go ahead and part it out? I'm leaning towards making it a beater to drive back and forth to work. If I do fix it up, I don't want to put lot of money into it. Tell me what you think.

Justin
"CornDog"

70plyss001.gif

70plyss018.gif

70plyss013.gif

70plyss009.gif

70plyss007.gif

70plyss003.gif

Depending on how much work it needs to be made safe and sound, I'd say make it a beater

Put a superbird front clip and wing and romp it! Just kidding, I think you should make it a daily driver. The cheaper the better.

Save the four doors, save the hobby!
318 auto with a/c...It's definately worth making into a driver!:cool:

burg

I say put as little in as possible and drive it! Like the above post says - A/C is good!! The good part is you can save the rebuilt brakes (and other new parts you put in) for another car, assuming you don't wear them out driving this one.

I have pretty much decided to make it a super-low budget beater. I just finished the restoration of a Superbird, so I have a lot of little random parts that can go on this car. Usually the little random parts add up to be a pretty good chunk of change when it's all said and done. If I decide to paint the car, I'm thinking about going back with the factory color. That will save me a little time and money by not having to jamb out in the doors, under the hood, and in the trunk. But if I were to change colors I considered all black with black steel wheels and dog dish caps. It would kind of make it look like an undercover cop car. :)

Justin
"CornDog"

Auto Transport Service
Back