• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you "named" any of your cars ?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
I have not. Not the cars I kept anyway.
It is not for a lack of imagination. I had a worn out 74 Dodge truck that I called "Old Shitty". It was an appropriate name for a truck that leaked, smoked, was as noisy with the windows up as it was with them down. In 2013 I picked up a 75 Power Wagon that is a much better truck but I call it New old Shitty, or NOS. (Pronounced Nohss)
I see so many professional shop built cars being introduced with names and I don't know what to think of it. Is it arrogant to attach a name to a car build or is it done to help identify the car for the future? Who remembers "Maximus" ??
I had a shitpile car in 2007 that I put back together and sold...I called that car "The Roach". Maybe I just enjoy giving the worst cars these names because it downplays the status of the car.
What about you?

I have one car only I named
My 73 SSB I bought in 1974 bright yellow and has been called The Canary
and hope to soon start working on it to get it back on the road

when I had a ford.. it was named a piece of ****..

Maybe "Oak Island Mistress"??
Or not
But at least I have located my money pit!
:rofl:

Call my Satellite The Red car so wife kids know what I'm talking about. My 65 Dodge think about calling The B---h after the last few days.

" The Bee " is enuf for better-half & the kids. Kinda says it all.

Only one of four cars have been named: the 1967 Barracuda convertible was named “Maggie”. She earned this name from the story the previous owner gave us, that his grandmother named “Maggie” was chair bound and sat in the window watching the previous owner make repairs on the car for days upon days. Then she died. The owner went to sell the car, but every potential buyer came and the car wouldn’t start no matter what he did to it. The potential buyers all walked away because of this. Except when I came with my wife that is. The car started right up and purred. We brought Maggie home and she’s been part of our family since then. I hope Maggie is resting easy knowing that we love the car her grandson sold to us! We love Maggie!

0767A84F-65BA-4B2A-B6D5-4859BE74D7F0.jpeg
6F36CAF2-B463-4462-95B1-1CA6C47C7ADA.jpeg
8A7CDA8A-BAD9-4410-A72E-98907F3B1179.jpeg

Used to be caller "The R/T." Got 2 more R/T's since then. Now it's the "Old Car.

My old 68 roadrunner "The Beast" .Car add a Violent 1.30 60 ' time 10.01 131 mph, the car was angry. My 67 GTX "Old Reliable" 540 hp 596 'lbs of torque I can drive it anywhere. Drove it two hundred mile trip to the closest track, raced it showed it , drove it home with a second place trophy in show class a few months ago. ran a 12.50 at 109 mph.

Picture 551.JPG 36-Picture 380.JPG 15-Picture 369.JPG 04-_DSC2352.JPG 10-_DSC2367.JPG 68-_DSC2469.JPG MOPARS@ Etown 8.27.17 070.jpg

OOOPs! I made a boo-boo.
The trucks being named could be considered "cars" by some, a technicality but still...
When the Wife and I bought the 2015 Challenger, we put her Honda into "backup-car" status. I have my backup truck New Old Shitty so we started calling the Honda "Honda Old Shitty." ....The Hos!

Not very many but one 79 D300 1 ton single wheel Club Cab Adventurer SE with 12.50-33's on it got named Edna after a short while. It took everything I threw at it and then some. The name came from the song from Strapped...it was black too....but it looked much better than Mike Jackson!

Last edited:
We called our oldest Armored Truck "The Beast", smoked like hell but could outrun all the newer trucks.

Dunbar.jpg

Good thread. A few aquired names over the years, kinda went with the personality of the car..
79 camaro.."the NOT rod"
87 t-bird..."the thunderturd"
ford tempo..."ford tampon" (well it WAS white!)
73 dart swinger..."austin powers"--it put the 'grrr in swinger baybee! If you saw the interior you would understand...like a 70s sex club..
as for my current white '68 satellite, the old timer on the corner called it "white lightnin"....
that was nice but a little too flattering for me, my family just calls it "the old car"...I personally have been referring to it as the "clonerunner", or "RATellite"...I like that one it has a certain understated stupidity...

It is not for a lack of imagination. I had a worn out 74 Dodge truck that I called "Old Shitty". It was an appropriate name for a truck that leaked, smoked, was as noisy with the windows up as it was with them down. In 2013 I picked up a 75 Power Wagon that is a much better truck but I call it New old Shitty, or NOS. (Pronounced Nohss)
I see so many professional shop built cars being introduced with names and I don't know what to think of it. Is it arrogant to attach a name to a car build or is it done to help identify the car for the future? Who remembers "Maximus" ??
I had a shitpile car in 2007 that I put back together and sold...I called that car "The Roach". Maybe I just enjoy giving the worst cars these names because it downplays the status of the car.
What about you?
"Old shitty"....LOL I love that one!!

I am from the school where all cars are female. My first car was a 67 Belvedere. Her name was Beatrice. My 70 Cuda was Gertrude. My 61 Seneca was Goldie the golden Dodge. My 70 R/T is Lucille... because "anything that fine has to named Lucille"

I know of a person that named his Mustang , Doug... so I added (the slug) the gutless wonder.. for his Mustang.. :) .. couldnt of been more appropriate..

as for my Charger.. its had many names over the year.. but I will not say which ones they are... :p

One car, the 70 deTomaso Mangusta,,,the Bettie Frances Mangusta 1148, after my Late Mother,,,,I think Her Spirit is how I survived the mysterious manner of the Goose. Also called it Pancake, but a lot of Goose People do. Doctor Killer & Widowmaker were also names attached to it. Dangerous & very exciting.

I’ve noticed the ‘naming’ trend and initially hung the name “Eve” on the Charger (greatest gift or downfall of Man, or both) but I’ve since decided I’m not into the names. I don’t know if it originated with the old drag cars? It seems to have carried over to the mainstream thanks to the web shows (Roadkill, etc) where they CAN’T build a car without hanging some clever name on it. I’m over it.

Auto Transport Service
Back