• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight switch

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
As of yesterday only my headlights, brake lights, reverse lights and turn signals front and back work. The parking lights, side markers, and rear night lights don't. Doesn't this have to be a light switch issue since most functions that do work are "outside of" the switch?

I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me but I think that circuit is fused.
Have you checked them? And does your interior lights work?

Check behind the driver kick panel , check the black wire , is it energized with the lights switch on? If Yes , then its problably a broken wire or the soldered connection where the all the black tail lights join .

What car are we talking about? I have some N.O.S. U.S.A. made Headlight Switches very inexpensive.....
NOT the 1967 - 1968 "Rocker" Headlight Switch, however........
If it's one of the routine ones, may pay to just replace, eh?

What car are we talking about? I have some N.O.S. U.S.A. made Headlight Switches very inexpensive.....
NOT the 1967 - 1968 "Rocker" Headlight Switch, however........
If it's one of the routine ones, may pay to just replace, eh?
1970 Belvedere. It takes the rocket style.

Check behind the driver kick panel , check the black wire , is it energized with the lights switch on? If Yes , then its problably a broken wire or the soldered connection where the all the black tail lights join .
I replaced the rear harness a few months ago. I'll check the black behind the panel for power though!

I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me but I think that circuit is fused.
Have you checked them? And does your interior lights work?
Interior overhead light yes. The diagram shows that fuse is rear lights and stop, but brake lights work. I'll check anyway. Dash lights and gauges have never worked since I got the car 4 months ago. Had dash dimmer switch rebuilt but still doesn't work. There is no power going to the dash light fuse but that's for another post.

Auto Transport Service
Back