• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater hoses running from heater housing to to defroster vents.

rww124

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First I would like to thank everyone for their input on whether or not the radio I pictured in my previous thread was original to or would be in a 1969 Super Bee. Now onto the next. I am looking for a brand new set of heater hoses that run from the heater box to the defroster vents. They must be brand new as I have been told putting used ones in would be dried out and brittle thus falling apart upon installation. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba and would like to find someone local so I can pick up myself. Thank you.

When I replaced mine I found that Dorman makes a hose that is very close to the originals that were in my ‘68 Coronet. The Dorman part number is 96003.

In post 107 of the thread linked below I have a couple pictures showing the new hose along with the original.

'68 Coronet 440 to R/T Clone

When I replaced mine I found that Dorman makes a hose that is very close to the originals that were in my ‘68 Coronet. The Dorman part number is 96003.

In post 107 of the thread linked below I have a couple pictures showing the new hose along with the original.

Thanks for pointing out those hoses! I've been looking for these that didn't cost $45-50 bucks from a mopar vendor. Dorman also has 96004 that are 2.5 inch. I believe a/c cars use a 2.5 inch defrost hose while non a/c uses 2.25.

When I googled Dorman Auto parts my search result said Parts Source-Dorman. There is a Parts Source location about 10 minutes away from my place in Winnipeg however when I searched the Parts Source web site I could not find the heater to defroster hose hit. Are you in Winnipeg or Canada?

Here's your local NAPA store! $9.09 for 6 feet !!!! Order today.. get it on the 30th.

https://www.napacanada.com/en/search?text=Dorman 96003&referer=v2
Unfortunately the NAPA store in Winnipeg does have a web site so will call them Monday and see if I can get this Dorman hose kit. Thank you for the information. My Cousin said he will be putting the factory radio back in my car however insists that I find a faceplate. In all my searches the only faceplate for a Mopar radio is the one that has the radio station numbers on it. When putting the factory radio back in my Camaro all there was were two holes for the knobs and a square cut out for the piece with the station numbers on it. I thought that when you put the factory Mopar radio in from behind the dash that the dash would act as a faceplate. I do recall when I had an aftermarket stereo installed in my 1999 Grand AM they did have to put a faceplate on the outside of the dash but that was only because the aftermarket stereo was smaller than the opening for the factory radio.

Unfortunately the NAPA store in Winnipeg does have a web site so will call them Monday and see if I can get this Dorman hose kit.
Just order it right from the link I sent you and have it shipped. It says right there "unavailable" at your store. Or change the store to one of numerous other in Winterpeg and see if they'll ship to that store for pickup.

Excuse the strokes... can't get rid of them! $21 Canuck bucks right to your door!!

Tried that on all three, store pickup is not available. It's ship to you direct only. $9 bucks + ship...

Subtotal :(1 item(s)):
$9.09
Shipping Total:
$9.99
GST:
$0.95
PST:
$1.34
(Shipping and tax for R2M1E4) Change
Ship to home Total:
$21.37
Due Now

You are probably right as the previous owner would have take that plate off in order to put the aftermarket stereo in. In the link you supplied for Classic Industries I only see two faceplates available, 1 for an A.M. / F.M. radio and the other for an A.M. with 8 track. One is $150 and the other $125 USD plus shipping. If that piece is what he is referring to then the aftermarket stereo will stay in the car until I can find a good used one for far less money.

Just order it right from the link I sent you and have it shipped. It says right there "unavailable" at your store. Or change the store to one of numerous other in Winterpeg and see if they'll ship to that store for pickup.
Maybe they have Winterpeg, but we and Edmonton have had it colder for longer. We don’t get the same snow as you usually . I shouldn’t say this, but don't have snow yet. Probably will get dumped on in a few days .

You are probably right as the previous owner would have take that plate off in order to put the aftermarket stereo in. In the link you supplied for Classic Industries I only see two faceplates available, 1 for an A.M. / F.M. radio and the other for an A.M. with 8 track. One is $150 and the other $125 USD plus shipping. If that piece is what he is referring to then the aftermarket stereo will stay in the car until I can find a good used one for far less money.

Yep, look around. You can try posting a wanted to buy ad in the WTB section of this site.

Excuse the strokes... can't get rid of them! $21 Canuck bucks right to your door!!

Tried that on all three, store pickup is not available. It's ship to you direct only. $9 bucks + ship...

Subtotal :(1 item(s)):
$9.09
Shipping Total:
$9.99
GST:
$0.95
PST:
$1.34
(Shipping and tax for R2M1E4) Change
Ship to home Total:
$21.37
Due Now
Thank you. If the hose kit is only available straight from Dorman then I will order from them however will call my local NAPA store and see if they can order it in.

Sent you a PM

Maybe they have Winterpeg, but we and Edmonton have had it colder for longer. We don’t get the same snow as you usually . I shouldn’t say this, but don't have snow yet. Probably will get dumped on in a few days .
Usually whatever weather Edmonton gets ends up in Winnipeg a couple of days later. I'm going to petition to have a dome built over Winnipeg to keep not only Edmonton's weather out but those dawn Colorado lows out as well.

Usually whatever weather Edmonton gets ends up in Winnipeg a couple of days later. I'm going to petition to have a dome built over Winnipeg to keep not only Edmonton's weather out but those dawn Colorado lows out as well.
I was pointing my comment to dadsbee about his comment on Winterpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back