• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Northern California

Cosmoe73SE

Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Eric from Northern CA. I have a 1973 Dodge Charger SE. I bought the Charger from my Grandparents in 2001, I was 18 at the time. They bought the car new in 1973. I had some learning to do and was clearly in over my head. I'm now 40 with kids, and they have been bugging me to work on it. So I am all in. With a different mindset than an 18 year old kid but not a different feeling that you get as a kid when you first hear it fire up. The car is rough, but I have different goals. My goal is to get the car running and keep it running and operable. tackling 1 section at a time. I look forward to checking out all your projects and learning from them. Pictures to come.

Welcome to FBBO, what area of N Ca? We have members all over the area..

Welcome from Alabama, sounds like you have a good plan. There is plenty of help available on this site. Just learn to search, or if you cannot find the answer, just ask.

Redding has some beautiful landscapes. I love the abundance of trees there.
The annual "Kool April Nights" event is great. Is the "Frankins" auto parts store still in business?
I had a friend that lived there for 6 years. It is surprising how it was hotter in the Summer and colder in the Winter than Sacramento....
Pictures of your car??

Hey Kern, no unfortunately Franklins is no longer. It is now a Napa. Yeah I was born and raised here, it gets hot but...I can drive 45 minutes; North, East, or West and be in cooler temps. I wouldn't trade it. I'll get some pictures today. It's been sitting for 10 years, I got it to fire the other day. It's not getting fuel, so i am installing a new fuel pump today, we'll see how that goes.

Well this unfortunate...

IMG_20231119_104540223.jpg

Well, after sitting for 10 years. I replaced the fuel pump this morning...She is loud and proud for a little SB 360. A little sick but still proud. Nothing like the feeling of the first fire up in a long time...Makes me feel 18 again.

73Front.jpg
73Left.jpg
73Right.jpg

Ok, as promised. I have my work cut out for me but I look forward to it.

Last edited:
You can stow two bodies between the grill and radiator in those cars!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras a few ridges NE over from Yosemite

one of my sisters & my niece are up by you Redbluff & Redding

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras a few ridges NE over from Yosemite

one of my sisters & my niece are up by you Redbluff & Redding
Thanks bud! It's cool to see how many are near me, or at least related to the area.

Modesto here, got family in Woodland & Elk Grove... My sister use to live in Redding along Churn Creek..

Auto Transport Service
Back