• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From O-H-I-O

Super Stock HEMI

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi All..I have been a Member of FOR A-BODIES ONLY Since The Beginning.I have SEVERAL CARS..I Have Run Super Stock For Decades..
I also run ET-Bracket..

Thanks for having me..
SSH:wave::sSig_noob::hatwave::bighug::cheers2:

Here's a Pix..

SSH

Titanic Wheelstand.jpg

The Car weighs 4170 with me in it..Class is 3550 #'s.I am 620 Pounds overweight.I have had the World Recor 15 Times with this Car.
The 1st Pix was at a Bracket Race.I was Leaving at 3600 RPM(I usually Launch at 24-2600).The Wheelie Bars were set at 4 Inches off the ground.The front-end was tied to 2 Inches of Travel.I went 285 Feet and Unloaded the Chassis(Had it setting on the back bumper and the wheelie bars pushed into the Factory Trunk Floor).(LOTS OF DAMAGE ON THIS PASS).

This Car is an Original 1 OF 1 SuperStock HEMI R/T Coronet.It was an Originally 4-speed and the other 2 were Autos.I have owned it since 1981.It was in a Building since 73 when I purchased it from the 2nd owner.

The 2nd and 3rd Pix were at the Mopar Nats.I was Certified and Sealed for Record Attempts.I Set the Record shortly After the Photos.The Record was 9.47 @ 142.56.

Thanks ALL for LQQKing...

SSH

welcome, i think i have seen your car at Norwalk before(about 20 min from my house) very cool

:wave:

SSH, is it still a 4-spd car?

Nope..I did run it a little with either the 4-Speed(Liberty or Jericho)or the 727.

I have done this with several cars.Take 4 trans(2 of each)to an event so I can run either Auto or Manual Class...My PERMANENT Number is SS/DA 3426.

SSH

welcome, i think i have seen your car at Norwalk before(about 20 min from my house) very cool

:wave:

More than likely.I have run at NRP since back in the 60's.

I have a 68 Barracuda Too.

Also I have had SEVERAL Mopars over the years.This one will NEVER Leave me....
I will be at Norwalk in September for the Chrysler Classic.I will be at Quaker City(Salem,Ohio)Aug,22,23,24 for the National HEMI Owners Association Reunion..Stop By..
I'll be at Mopar Nats this weekend but in the Swap Meet In Row T/U 32-34 in my Trailer.Stop By and Holla..

SSH/J.D. :frog:

I think I just got wet. Im building a stout 66 Coronet and was wondering what it would look like with air under the tires. Now I know. Do you run weight in the car or is it that heavy? I thought they weighed in around 3600.

I think I just got wet. Im building a stout 66 Coronet and was wondering what it would look like with air under the tires. Now I know. Do you run weight in the car or is it that heavy? I thought they weighed in around 3600.

No Weight...That's Dry..
The car has several Mods that were made to it back in 66(when it was made).The car is SOOOO Early that it has several 66 parts on it.Also lot's of Bastard parts..It is VERY heavy.It has a Fiberglass Decklid (The Pro Stock Scooped hood is Fiberglass and weighs more than the Super Stock Scooped one.The front Bumper weighs 7 pounds(acid Dipped,As Well as the Doors,Fenders,Hood,Super Stock Deck Lid,Hinges).

If ya need any help holler.I have had 2 66's and 7 67's 3 67's were HEMI's.

The Engine in the Picture was 1011HP with 814 FtLbsTq..
I Run a 727 with 2.77 Low Gear,Custom Built 36-3800 RPM 9""J" Converter,Usually 6.86 Rear(Stock Dana Shortened 3/4 inch on each side).The car has Fiberglass Springs with a Competition Engineering Floater and Ladder Bar Set-Up.The Drive-Shaft is a 3 inch .083 Wall Chrome Molly with 1350 Yokes/Joints.I have a almost stock 383 I ran in the car with all my race stuff on it(Carb,Trans,5.38 Rear,Distributor,etc..)It ran 11.80's.I have another Highly Modified 383 that ran 10.76 in it.

Muscle Motors Just Built a 622 STREET Wedge that runs on 92 Octane Pump Gas.It Made 873.6 FtLbTq @ 4500 and 883.2 HP @ 5600.I put it in the car and ran 6.26 1/8 9.70 1/4 Leaving at 2600RPM and Shifting at 6200.This was with Only a 4.10 Gear.Each Launch was on the wheelie bars like the Pix.This Engine is FOR SALE..

Good Luck!!

SS

Auto Transport Service
Back