• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, Can't make up my mind!

Runner71

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Okey so months ago i purchased my Roadrunner 1971, 383 - now with a 400 block 906 heads some headers. 4speed pistol grip. The missing part is the 383 block, otherwise all is matching with fendertag and vin. Posted thread in welcome wagon, been driving the (short) summer here in sweden and the car drives great and i love the"four to the floor" a couple of small adjusments were made and it runs even better. This is my first muscle car and it was my own 30's birthday present. Always been a car guy and been driving other cars and running alot of trackdays before this one. But it took some years before i finally joined the mopar religion!

So my "problem" is do i keep my RR -71 spend 10-20k to stroke and rebuild my engine? I want more hp in the car, around 450-500 would be more fun. Then go over the trans and driveline witch means more $$ ( the car runs and is very good as it is) but i want more out of it
Or
Do i sell the car and start looking for the real beast (in my mind) Charger 1968 RT.. god, cant stop looking at them.. and if i get my hands on one will it be enough will i settle and be happy with it or will it just continue..

I know the Roadrunner(real one, no cloned satellite) is less common here in sweden then the charger but there is something with the 68 charger in my head.

Any thoughts? Should i keep it spend the money and enjoy what i have or chase the new dream thats been born?
20170528_161806.jpg
20170807_231005.jpg
20170729_201454.jpg
20170715_155543.jpg
20170813_114916.jpg
20170805_150733.jpg

gotta do what makes you happy. Does the road runner put a smile on your face when you're driving it?

One car is boring. Mopar people usually have more than one!!

gotta do what makes you happy. Does the road runner put a smile on your face when you're driving it?
Everytime i start it, it makes me smile!
One car is boring. Mopar people usually have more than one!!
Damn right and thats a bad habbit haha..

Hmm theres is something with that edgy bodystyle that gets to me same with the older RR's.. but i couldnt pass the 71 up when i had the chance either! Been searching for a long time for something nice!

Stroke the 400. You won't spend more than 8k.

or add onto the garage..........

Would be nice to add on the garage but i wanna have time for them all and its like 5months a year mostly weekends to drive on.. and if its rain a lot even less!

don't feel like The Lone Ranger.....doesn't make sense to have toys that we can only play with half the year...but we do it.

Thats a cool looking car..

Do what makes you happy and what you want to spend.....

don't feel like The Lone Ranger.....doesn't make sense to have toys that we can only play with half the year...but we do it.
Yeah but they are cool to look at in the garage too. Get enough cars and you have your own car show at home!!

Hahaha i like the idea!! Never tought about it that way.. ill be happy either way it goes i think.. sounds like a luxury problem but its more then that, its about great cars thats never comes again.

More,more,more... it's a never-ending quest, no matter what you think at the present time.

IMO, Keep the 71 RR, build the engine,

then maybe IF or when you get bored, with the RR
get a 68 Charger

make sure to save some $$$$

that will be a whole lot more than the 71 RR's worth
& building the stroker engine collectively

68 Charger's ain't cheap, especially over seas...

You have cool car there too

I'm more partial to the 68-69's myself,
everyone has their own taste, what ever rocks your boat
I'm on my 13th 68-71 RR's

I've had almost as many 68-69-70 Chargers too
I think the 68 Charger R/T is hands down is the best looking Big Mopar
close 2nd is a 68 GTX {or RR}, close 3rd is a 69.5 A-12 RR/Super Bee
close 4th 70 Charger R/T &/or a 70 RR/GTX, than the 71-72's RR/GTX

That's a tough one, buy the Charger if it's in good shape or better than your runner. You'll have to change your user if though. :D

Do i sell the car and start looking for the real beast (in my mind) Charger 1968 RT.. god, cant stop looking at them.. and if i get my hands on one will it be enough will i settle and be happy with it or will it just continue..

I don't know to many guys that settle until their wallet runs out of money. I love your RR and would do the stroker if it were me. I'm kind of Chargered out these days! I see more Chargers at car shows than I do RRs around here. Nothing wrong with them but I like to be different. Anyway the choice is yours!

you didn't mention (that I saw) what rear end ratio you have so I'm guessing 3.23s...maybe swap some 3.55 or 3.91s and that would liven you car up.

You can make plenty of power with the 400. If you stroke it, hard to put the power to the ground on the street. Wish that thing was in my garage!!

68 Charger R/T is a sexy thing!

Auto Transport Service
Back