• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify Interior Trim Part

ToddMcF2002

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I just purchased the upper dash trim piece for my 69 GTX (right piece) but I apparently purchased the wrong part some months ago (left piece). Anyone know what it goes to? Bonus question: should they both have clips in the back?

45DC46B9-1ABB-473C-8972-742645F7A983.jpeg 415E62B8-C255-4E0C-8BA5-3DFAFE72DCFD.jpeg F479EF31-064B-4831-8253-77A170539F00.jpeg

Somebody must know what that part with the black stripe is? An earlier B Body? Any guesses?

Dont know, but, it looks like the same part with an addition of a rubber strip along the dished side. Is the one on the right simply missing the rubber part? And if one has clips the clearly the other is also supposed to have them.

That’s not rubber, they’re both the same just ones painted. I believe it’s a simple trim level difference. Satellite, Sport Satellite, GTX and maybe Belvedere? Iirc the Road Runner didn’t use one.

The design on the left is square, not rounded and the black is paint. The original listing on eBay claimed:
1968 1969 Dodge B Body Lower Dash Molding Mopar Interior Super Bee Trim Panel

Anyone here have a Bee or a Coronet that could vouch for this?

Last edited:
Sorry only a guess. It appears to be for a 69 with standard gauges as it needs to be flat to tuck in between the cluster bezel and the dash frame at the top. I suspect it doesn't need clips as it is much flatter than the 70 version which is angled when installed. I tried to locate some pictures of a 69, but to no avail. Again, just a guess.

The trim piece with the black on it looks like the piece that was on my '68 Coronet 440 when I purchased it. Below is a the only picture of the dash I could find where you can see the trim piece. I know the black is hard to tell in the picture, but it is black just like the one in first post above. If still have the trim piece. If I find it later, I can post a better picture of it.

IMG_2224.JPG

The trim piece with the black on it looks like the piece that was on my '68 Coronet 440 when I purchased it. Below is a the only picture of the dash I could find where you can see the trim piece. I know the black is hard to tell in the picture, but it is black just like the one in first post above. If still have the trim piece. If I find it later, I can post a better picture of it.

View attachment 1211359

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to confirm. I'm surprised there is so many minor variations on these cars that really don't impact anything. You'd think the bean counters would have caught that and demanded some more parts reuse.

I have the exact trim piece (the one with the black paint) that was removed from a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 model. It's available if you're looking for the trim piece.

That trim on my ‘69 GTX is held in place by screws only, no clips.

Auto Transport Service
Back