• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi automatic transmission dipstick tubes

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Talked to a seller of repo Hemi trans dipstick tubes about why they don't have the lower tab to bolt it to top of trans? His answer was they didn't come with them. Sent pic's he said only 62 to 65 came with them, to the best of his knowledge and maybe early 66. In attached pic's the one without the bent upper tab is off a March 66 car.
Does anyone have a pic of an original Hemi trans dipstick tube 67 or later.

Fran B

66 Hemi trans Dip stick tubes 006.JPG 66 Hemi trans Dip stick tubes 005.JPG 66 Hemi trans Dip stick tubes 002.JPG Dipstick hole in 1970 trans 003.JPG

Went to Mancini site. The ones they sell now don't have them. One question if they don't have the lower tab how do you hold the dipstick in if you put headers on the car. This would be especially true back in the 60's.

Went to Mancini site. The ones they sell now don't have them. One question if they don't have the lower tab how do you hold the dipstick in if you put headers on the car. This would be especially true back in the 60's.

Buy one with the lower tab for your application if you can find one or make your own brace/support to hold it in place.--- BTW welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO

Nice link, put on my fav's. Will look through it more soon. First time I saw a repo dipstick with tab. It was on 62 to 65 BB only. Saw a pic of your? 62 Dodge. I bought one in 1970 no motor. Bought a 426 Hemi with a Hemi auto trans [ one of the dip stks] and a Dana 60. Put in the car with 5.13's and scared the s--t out of me. I was over my head $$$ sold in it 1975, dumb. 10 years later I ran into a guy who knew the guy I sold it to. I was able to buy back the drive train but alas he junked the 62. I put the motor in a 65 Dodge Coronet. Will try to post pic's . need to shut down computer and restart first.

Last edited:
Hope I can load pic's. Under side is done, the body well... not so much.

1965 Dodge 001.JPG 1965 Dodge 015.JPG 1965 Dodge 011.JPG

Nice stuff!best of luck.My 62 ain't gonna win any shows in the next 6 months,bought it won my heart,and I'll do all I can to make it all it can be for spring.

Auto Transport Service
Back