• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey all - another new Northern Illinois guy

Satellite1965

Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone-

Was just given a 1965 Plymouth Satellite from my grandfather. He is getting older and no longer has the energy to tackle restoring his barn full of old cars. I have loved his Satellite ever since the day he drove it over to show me right after he bought it. Probably pushing 20 years ago now. He surprised me the other day by saying that he was giving me the Satellite and that he had told my grandmother several years ago that should anything happen to him I was to get the Satellite. I am very excited about having this new project to begin and being that is my grandfather's makes it very sentimental. I plan on restoring to its former glory and keeping it as original as possible (as that is how I know he would have done it). It is my number one goal now to restore this ASAP while he can still enjoy it. I'm sure I will be on here ALOT asking ALOT of questions as I have a very limited knowledge of cars. I will post pics as soon as I get the car to my shop.

Welcome to the family and I'm looking forward to seeing the car behind the cool story

:sSig_hihihi::sSig_greetingsthor::sSig_welcometoourcl hurry post some photos already:tantrum:

Welcome aboard. Good luck with the project. I know someone from Winnebago and have roots from the Pecatonica area.

welcome to FBBO

65 satellite

Hey everyone-

Was just given a 1965 Plymouth Satellite from my grandfather. He is getting older and no longer has the energy to tackle restoring his barn full of old cars. I have loved his Satellite ever since the day he drove it over to show me right after he bought it. Probably pushing 20 years ago now. He surprised me the other day by saying that he was giving me the Satellite and that he had told my grandmother several years ago that should anything happen to him I was to get the Satellite. I am very excited about having this new project to begin and being that is my grandfather's makes it very sentimental. I plan on restoring to its former glory and keeping it as original as possible (as that is how I know he would have done it). It is my number one goal now to restore this ASAP while he can still enjoy it. I'm sure I will be on here ALOT asking ALOT of questions as I have a very limited knowledge of cars. I will post pics as soon as I get the car to my shop.

Great that it's staying in the family! I have a 66 Satellite, one brother has a 67 Satellite and another has a 65 Belvedere and we are all located in central Illinois. Let me know if you need any parts. We might have extras.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will post pics hopefully next week when I get the car "home". Looking forward to the journey!

Auto Transport Service
Back