• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Hey, from Muskoka Ontario.

This will be fairly hard to do, as the Canadian build plate does not give much option info, as U.S. plate did. Also, build sheets were not left in Canadian cars. A good place to start is to acquire a Factory Shop Manual and a Factory Parts Manual. And then, prepare to do some detective work. For instance, the only way I could prove that my car was a Sport Package car was to track down the interior code in my Canadian Parts Manual. By tracking down through the interior section in this manual, my trim code decoded to bucket seats in a Polara 4-door hardtop or sedan. By looking through the body wiring section of my U.S. shop manual, I discovered that, at one time, the Polara 500 was to be built with 3 red tail lights per side, with the backup lights set in the licence plate cove. This is how I built my car. By the time the 500 went to production, this idea was cancelled, and they received the standard Polara tail light setup. This is also borne out by pictures in the parts manual. I likely know as much about these cars as anybody, so don't hesitate to reach out to me. However, I am still learning all the time, as with details of your car.
I have a shop manual

20230709_183626.jpg

Wow! That is a great find! That is a pretty expensive car in its day. I bought a '64 Polara 4-door hardtop parts car that has come from Tennessee. It was pretty loaded up with factory air, optional vinyl interior, etc. Paperwork that came with it said it was $4200.00U.S. new.

" No high performance emblems". :thumbsup:
I saw that too, but do not know what it means. Dodge did not put engine size callouts on fenders as early as 1964. Plymouth put engine size callouts on their cars early on, but Dodge did not.

Very cool 64 Dodge.Have fun with it! This 62 Fury is Canadian built. You will see it has Dodge stainless side spears and a Dodge dash slight modified.

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

1DFCCC3A-6D6F-42F3-9598-27784CA427C1.jpeg

very cool. I like it. I want to get a set of Torque Thrusts for mine.
what size tires are on it?

Greetings from Canada!!! :canada:Wait. Your here too! Fantastic car, 64's rule!! My Dodge was built in the US,
but my 64' Sport Fury is Canadian. Your car has the very same interior as it does. Gramps really knew how to
pick out a car. Enjoy it as much as you can!

DSC03780.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool 64 Dodge.Have fun with it! This 62 Fury is Canadian built. You will see it has Dodge stainless side spears and a Dodge dash slight modified.

View attachment 1560067

View attachment 1560068

View attachment 1560069
Those sidespears were a separate spring-time option called "Sports Sweep". They were also available on the Canadian Dart 440. I have seen a separate dealer brochure on this for the Dodge. They mimic the trim found on American Polara 500's, a model we did not have here. I have seen an article which shows three different exterior trim treatments on American Fury's over the course of the year.
One year, at Moparfest in New Hamburg, I noticed a 1962 Fury 4-door hardtop in the same colour as yours. It had factory front bucket seats, with the short glove box between them. This was known as the Canadian-only Sport Package. I talked to the owner and he told me his Dad was with the RCMP in the Maritimes, and ordered the car new there. He had never heard of the Sport Package option before, and did not realize his Dad's old Fury was anything special.

Those sidespears were a separate spring-time option called "Sports Sweep". They were also available on the Canadian Dart 440. I have seen a separate dealer brochure on this for the Dodge. They mimic the trim found on American Polara 500's, a model we did not have here. I have seen an article which shows three different exterior trim treatments on American Fury's over the course of the year.
One year, at Moparfest in New Hamburg, I noticed a 1962 Fury 4-door hardtop in the same colour as yours. It had factory front bucket seats, with the short glove box between them. This was known as the Canadian-only Sport Package. I talked to the owner and he told me his Dad was with the RCMP in the Maritimes, and ordered the car new there. He had never heard of the Sport Package option before, and did not realize his Dad's old Fury was anything special.
That maybe a ”Sports Sweep” spring special for cars other than the Fury. All the 62 Canadian Furys I’ve ever seen had the Dodge style spears (sedans, convertibles and hardtops). I could be wrong. You never know what Chrysler might of done in 62.

very cool. I like it. I want to get a set of Torque Thrusts for mine.
what size tires
Hey Jay. Thought I'd give you the tire and rim size for my American racings. The rears are 8.0" Tor-Thrust D. The back space is 4.50"
The tires are BFG TA's P235-/70R15. I first tried 8.5's with 3.75 back space. They won't fit with the longer 64' tapered diff. The tires are a bit small (to me) and I will be going up a size next year. My front rims are 4", so I won't bother with the tire size. I think you'll want to go with 6" up front for your car. Hope this is helpful.

DSC04092.JPG
DSC04097.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back