• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holden Going out of business sale

aeon280

Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
I noticed on the Dove Bids site the last month or so that all the Holden manufacturing systems in AUS are being sold off for penny's on the dollar. When you think about the modern resurgence of muscle car restoration and all the re-pops . Imagine having the chance in the 70 to buy the assembly equipment and body mold for say AMC when Chrysler took over and shut down Kenosha. Or further back when they bought out Desoto and killed that brand. Unfortunately I dont think future generations will give a damn about restoring today's cars even if Holden,s are some of the coolest modern Muscle cars in the world. Of course I imagine during the gas crisis of the 70,s people were saying the same things about Cuda,s and Chargers.

That's too bad...

Then it might also be one of your last chances to view their advertising before the website is pulled.
https://www.holden.com.au/

I kind of like the Ute, the SS version with 6.2 LS3 V-8 and six speed.
upload_2017-8-16_20-56-10.png

Last edited:
I noticed on the Dove Bids site the last month or so that all the Holden manufacturing systems in AUS are being sold off for penny's on the dollar. When you think about the modern resurgence of muscle car restoration and all the re-pops . Imagine having the chance in the 70 to buy the assembly equipment and body mold for say AMC when Chrysler took over and shut down Kenosha. Or further back when they bought out Desoto and killed that brand. Unfortunately I dont think future generations will give a damn about restoring today's cars even if Holden,s are some of the coolest modern Muscle cars in the world. Of course I imagine during the gas crisis of the 70,s people were saying the same things about Cuda,s and Chargers.
The way & with what cars are made of today, i don't think much will last long enough for anything left to be restored.

It's a shame they're being killed off. Holden was one of the few car makers that still had a set of balls.

Auto Transport Service
Back