• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley plumbing?

Cncguy1

Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know the proper way I should plumb this holley? It's a holley 4160 and I'm using a edelbock performer intake. The fuel line I have was hitting intake and distributor, so I Tried bending fuel line but think I just hurt the fuel line.

IMG_0876.JPG

If you don't have a mechanical pump I always go up the firewall and in from the rear, turn your line around and point it at the firewall.

If you're good at bending tubing, making double flares, and such, you could build your own. Just buy the tubing and fittings you need and go to it.

If you don't have a mechanical pump I always go up the firewall and in from the rear, turn your line around and point it at the firewall.

It's been a while since I bought mine but this guy used to make a pretty nice kit complete kit down to the fuel pump:

FUEL LINES FOR MOPAR 383 & 440:

* For Holley dual feed 4 bbls

* FIT MOPAR B&RB motors

* All steel lines

* Inverted flare fittings

* No distributor interference

* Available in 3/8" and 5/16"

* Available for double pumper

* Available for vacuum secondaries

* $35.00 per set plus $3 shipping

Email ... [email protected]

Phone... (303) 666-9882
fuel lines.JPG

Yup....a lot of people quit using those dual line setups a long time ago because of fit issues and lots of times they don't seal very good.

It's been a while since I bought mine but this guy used to make a pretty nice kit complete kit down to the fuel pump:

FUEL LINES FOR MOPAR 383 & 440:

* For Holley dual feed 4 bbls

* FIT MOPAR B&RB motors

* All steel lines

* Inverted flare fittings

* No distributor interference

* Available in 3/8" and 5/16"

* Available for double pumper

* Available for vacuum secondaries

* $35.00 per set plus $3 shipping

Email ... [email protected]

Phone... (303) 666-9882View attachment 425827
I sent him an email, I hope he responds.

Well, I cheated..just used braided steel from the mech. pump up around the distributor and then some AN fittings, works real good
20170521_103359.jpg

Anyone know the proper way I should plumb this holley? It's a holley 4160 and I'm using a edelbock performer intake. The fuel line I have was hitting intake and distributor, so I Tried bending fuel line but think I just hurt the fuel line.

View attachment 425781
Ya, those pre-made chrome steel lines don't take well to bending, if you do your own the steel tubing you will find bends just fine

Is there any downsides by turning it backwards? Longer fuel hose from the pump, and the shortest pipe going to the secondary and vice versa...?

Is there any downsides by turning it backwards? Longer fuel hose from the pump, and the shortest pipe going to the secondary and vice versa...?
Never had any problems doing that but I like to use the least amount of rubber hose as possible so hard line would take the place of the rubber and just use short pieces to connect the hard line....and insulate the hard line.

If you're running an electric pump, turning the dual feed line around works fine. With a mechanical pump, you'd have a problem getting the fuel line around the headers and up the firewall without creating a heat problem. OP's solution looks good...

Yup....a lot of people quit using those dual line setups a long time ago because of fit issues and lots of times they don't seal very good.
I tried the version with a flexible line between the ports, and even that was a tight fit...as in not a nice fit.

I always run my fuel line in from the rear, even with mechanical pump. Lets me mount the fuel filter on the inner fender for easy access and in my own mind it acts kind of like a cool can for the fuel,never had vapor lock problems

View attachment 425781
If you do it cold, you're gonna kink it. Apply heat where the two lines meet, while pushing upward on the end with a piece of wood. With the proper technique, you'll get better clearance near the distributor. Don't overdo the heat or the force... just enough.

Auto Transport Service
Back