• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood paint removal???

NJRR

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
I have a hood I need totally stripped of paint and some light rust. Anyone know a place in the NY/NJ area that does dipping/chemical removal?

Don't "Dip" the hood or you'll loose all of the dabs of caulk that holds the skin in place!
Then you'll want to kill yourself. Use stripper and do it in an hour.
20150729_133926.jpg

put plastic over the wet stripper and walk away.....it keeps it from drying up

beware, paint stripper ain't quite what it used to be

beware, paint stripper ain't quite what it used to be

I'm in the retail paint business. The new strippers suck. My customers hate it, takes them 3-4 applications where one did it before.

I'm in the retail paint business. The new strippers suck. My customers hate it, takes them 3-4 applications where one did it before.

still faster than sending your hood out to who knows where

oh, let me add........if you can sand it down to factory primer, that **** rules......epoxy right over it

And please for the love of god DO NOT STAND IT UP ON THE REAR CORNERS OF THE HOOD. I have seen 3 hoods with flattened out corners. Why not rest it on the straight side of the hood. Soo many pictures of people standing them up on the corners.

Auto Transport Service
Back