• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much boost?

jhoop

Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
How much boost do you think this is worth?:icon_rolleyes: Saw this in a u-pull it yard on a late 70's Chrysler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 183
Oh my, Oh my, that looks very ferocious! 1 MPG, very difficult to beat that carbon foot print on the environment. LOL.

Look closely at the fender tag in the pic and you'll see it's a rare option code ***. :icon_rolleyes:

How much boost do you think this is worth?:icon_rolleyes: Saw this in a u-pull it yard on a late 70's Chrysler.

I need more information to make an accurate calculation. How many speeds did the fan have? If it is a 3 speed fan, you will probably get 5, 8, and 12 pounds. Now if you adapt a tornado to it, all those figures double. Hope that helps

That's funny!

I did a little experimenting with one of the VW bugs I had. You know those fresh air hoses are about the same diameter as the carb air horn? Well, I hose clamped one hose to the carb and went for a drive. I didn't notice anything earth shattering but the hose would expand a bit when I revved it up, possibly indicating it was putting out more air than it could take in. I did it more as a joke but who knows if I took this seriously and used both fresh air hoses and tweaked the carb. Maybe I can make this a JC Whitney item??

Auto Transport Service
Back