• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does this engine worth.

coronet68mx

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
First of all thank you all for helping me identify this engine, am pretty confident it's the one i want, yesterday I talk to the owner and he ask me if am still interested in the engine i said yes, but first let me ask to those who known how much does this engine worth, since I have no idea of the price and I don't want to be a low baller and I want to offer the seller a fair price, so, knowing that a lot of you have buy this types engine before, please let me know your thoughts on this one, the engine is in a motor home sitting on the side of a road for years it's the last iteration of the engine.
Thanks in advance.

20240417_120920.jpg

20240424_121750.jpg

20240424_121811.jpg

20240424_121857.jpg

20240424_122108.jpg

Last edited:
All your getting is the short block, the heads, intake & exhaust manifolds are useless... Heavy Duty/Motor Home only parts.... The water pump, pulleys and brackets are all useless.... If I were you I would pass... Especially since you'd be stuck dealing with the carcass of the motorhome... If it's free I'd have a hard time taking it..... You'd be far better off getting a complete passenger car core so you have usable parts, tracking down all the stuff you would need to make a complete engine would be a nightmare...

First of all thank you all for helping me identify this engine, am pretty confident it's yhe want i want, yesterday I talk to the owner and he ask me if am still nterested in the i said yes, but first let me ask to thise who known how much does this engine worth, since I have no idea of the price and I don't want to be a low baller and I want to offer the seller a fair price, so, knowing that a lot of you have buy this types engine before, please let me know your thoughts on this one, the engine is in a motor home sitting on the side of a road for years it's the last iteration of the engine.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1653476

View attachment 1653477

View attachment 1653478

View attachment 1653479

View attachment 1653480
440 $500

Value of low compression 360-2 barrel minus the cost to dispose of the hard to deal with wood and fiberglass body.

Value of low compression 360-2 barrel minus the cost to dispose of the hard to deal with wood and fiberglass body.
Looks like a 440 according to the oil filter location. Poor photo of the top of the engine but it looks like the distributor in angled and in the front.

Distributor is a BB as well.

Hope it's not a 413.

Odd seeing a 2 barrel on a 440, if that's what it is.

$300-$500 US if it can be turned over by hand.

I added cruise controls to a couple of my early B-bodies over the years, using '70's Cordoba stuff ( I was building cars 30-40 years ago). The only difference between different models is the mounting brackets and Speedo cables. There is a separate wiring harness for it, plus brake light switch that turns brake lights ON and cruise control OFF. Also, signal lever that carries C/C controls.
The brake booster is usually a dual diaphragm piece that resembles the '60's boosters. In these vans, they are mounted on a 90 degree bracket under the hood that makes it easy to unbolt them, without climbing under a car dashboard. They have a different bolt pattern that requires you to drill holes in your firewall. Again, I have used these in a couple of cars.

P2070038.JPG

P4080006.JPG

Those heads look like standard 440 heads,not the industrial heads seen on the earlier motor home engines.
All your getting is the short block, the heads, intake & exhaust manifolds are useless... Heavy Duty/Motor Home only parts.... The water pump, pulleys and brackets are all useless.... If I were you I would pass... Especially since you'd be stuck dealing with the carcass of the motorhome... If it's free I'd have a hard time taking it..... You'd be far better off getting a complete passenger car core so you have usable parts, tracking down all the stuff you would need to make a complete engine would be a nightmare...

Could it be a 400?
I agree though, unless it is CHEAP, the intake is useless, the exhaust manifolds are too. Pulleys are weird, brackets are weird.
How hard is it to find a car or pickup truck 440?

It's an RB. Bolt spacing on valley pan rails.

Auto Transport Service
Back