• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does this engine worth.

You think you can tell from one dusty photo with all the other crap in the way?

Yup. Cheated a bit and looked close at pics in the other thread.

Those heads look like standard 440 heads,not the industrial heads seen on the earlier motor home engines.
Yup, Weird manifolds threw me off... Normal heads helps... Also since it has a normal water pump it'll have brackets & pulleys that can probably be made to work...

Maybe it has a forged crankshaft? High nickel block?

1,900 Mexican pesos for the short block.

Maybe it has a power steering cooler you can get?

800 Mexican pesos for the cooler.

Last edited:
That is the weird chassis manifold but it's standard bb head. I used 2 of them turned up for the turbo setup in my Fury

20180510_133916.jpg

For those that don't know RV bb head exhaust bolt pattern is offset and not inline

Well, I talk to the owner of the van and still his appreciation is unrealistic, offered him 800 for both engine and transmission and he said no, is too little, he wants about 3k for the van and i said for less I can buy a new hemi, besides he wants to sell the van complete not in parts , I explained to him that this is the less desirable version of the 440, still no, so no deal, I wish him good luck with the sell of the van, still I don't think he can ever sell it for that price.

Well, I talk to the owner of the van and still his appreciation is unrealistic, offered him 800 for both engine and transmission and he said no, is too little, he wants about 3k for the van and i said for less I can buy a new hemi, besides he wants to sell the van complete not in parts , I explained to him that this is the less desirable version of the 440, still no, so no deal, I wish him good luck with the sell of the van, still I don't think he can ever sell it for that price.
A la chingara entonces

A la chingara entonces
Si Mario básicamente, es una chingadera y no lo acepta, la verdad si quería ese motor pero no a ese precio, el guey esta loco si va a creer que ka va a vender completa, a la chatarra es su próximo destino.
... and for the spanish impaired;
Yes Mario Basically, it's a piece of **** and he doesn't accept it, the truth is i wanted that engine but not at that price, the guy is crazy if he's going to believe that he's going to sell it completely, scrap metal is his next destination.

Si Mario básicamente, es una chingadera y no lo acepta, la verdad si quería ese motor pero no a ese precio, el guey esta loco si va a creer que ka va a vender completa, a la chatarra es su próximo destino.
... and for the spanish impaired;
Yes Mario Basically, it's a piece of **** and he doesn't accept it, the truth is i wanted that engine but not at that price, the guy is crazy if he's going to believe that he's going to sell it completely, scrap metal is his next destination.
Well, the Spanish impaired can translate most of it on Groogle translate :D and I say walk away from what he's askin/wantin fer it....

Auto Transport Service
Back