• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How should I repair this hole?

It will work for a while. Did you rustmort the area first?

Before and after grinding and sanding to bare metal as best I could, I used sessions of naval jelly, inside, outside, and underneath.

naval jelley.jpg

Before and after grinding and sanding to bare metal as best I could, I used sessions of naval jelly, inside, outside, and underneath.

View attachment 441619
Great... that will stop the continuation of the rust.. I have seen 2 parts used before . not the way I would go.. but I guess it works.. :)

The passenger side might have the same rust problem, don't feel like digging into that anytime soon. Maybe after the summer cools down. I'm in a pretty dry, desert climate so rust grows about as slow as the cactus around here.

Nice work. Nice repair. You should be good as long as you live! I think that these cars took 50 years to get the rust they have now. Most of us don't have 50 years left in us!

Auto Transport Service
Back